Level or lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kwb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just bought a 2016 1500 4x4 with the Hemi and 3.92 rear end.

I love the truck, but I'd like to toughen it up a bit - and get rid of the fake chrome wheels.

I talked to a reputable shop and he recommended a 4" BDS lift with Fox 2.0 rear shocks, Toyo AT2 tire in a 35" and Method wheels.

I know the truck would look awesome when its done, but Im afraid it will change the ride, handling and responsiveness I have with the stock setup. (It's my daily driver).

I don't off road much - occasional trip to the desert but nothing serious..

Anyone here put a similar lift on? How did it change the overall performnace / ride?

Hemipower392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm missing 2 cylinders
I have a 4.5 inch lift on my 2wd. Rides great handling and everything is awesome, very similar to stock. I also had to use a 2012 4x4 with a 4 inch BDS lift for a few months and same thing, great ride and handling.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The ride should stay the same/get a little better. Your turning radius will get worst but you'll get use to it. and you can alway add more mods to make up the power loss you'll get with the 35s.

madrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The ride should stay the same until you upgrade the front with better struts or run coilovers.

I initially leveled my truck with Fox coilovers set at 2" but these trucks are too low to begin with. I just had a Zone 6" lift installed tonight. It looks so much better.