Level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Machete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 6" lift and looking at maybe just propping it up a little more. I see a lot of people put Bilsteins on the front to level it out. I honestly don t notice any rake to the front of the truck. Not sure if it has anything to do with my 6" BDS lift..

Just wondering between a level and body lift. Not looking to add a lot but a few inches..

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
If you just installed the kit the front may settle a little after some use so adding bilsteins will give you the option to keep it level. Although you can add them later on. Adding a body lift will give you more room to run bigger tires if want.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Machete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, only had the kit for a week so I suppose that could become likely that it drops. I guess I can pick up some Bilsteins. Is the install fairly easy?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did your truck have rake prior to the 6" BDS install ?
If it had the normal 2-3 " ass end high and you do not sit high in the ass now "Rake " then you likely got 3" coils in the rear instead of the +5" coils , or they installed Fox coil over adjustable shocks up front .

If you don't have the FOX shocks up front then you could install the 5" coils in the back and then install the Fox or bilsteins up front .
I believe BDS has a spacer above the front shock assy ( this would be removed ) regardless of the shock you install up front .

As for the bills install , I rate it a 4 out of 10 on difficulty. Pretty easy imo .

OP
OP
M

Machete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, I ll have to double check. The dealer installed the lift when I bought the truck. I don t think it has the fox coilovers. I don't recall if it had a rake before. Maybe it still does. .

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did your truck have rake prior to the 6" BDS install ?
If it had the normal 2-3 " ass end high and you do not sit high in the ass now "Rake " then you likely got 3" coils in the rear instead of the +5" coils , or they installed Fox coil over adjustable shocks up front .

If you don't have the FOX shocks up front then you could install the 5" coils in the back and then install the Fox or bilsteins up front .
I believe BDS has a spacer above the front shock assy ( this would be removed ) regardless of the shock you install up front .

As for the bills install , I rate it a 4 out of 10 on difficulty. Pretty easy imo .

Spaced would need to stay unless his new shocks add the 6" of lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk