Leveling kit ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyler Bailey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 2015 ram 2500, 6.7 Cummins, with the factory air ride in the rear. I am wondering if any one has any info on leveling the truck?

Derek Powers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do a spacer in the front. Easy, cheap, maintain your factory axle weight rating and ride

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Carli, Thuren, Bilstein are all good choices (new springs, not spacers). The air ride system just requires a sensor relocation bracket in the back to make it work properly with the level kit.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any 2500 with air suspension in the back, that I have seen anyway, looked pretty level in stock form.

They appear to be the same height in the front as non air suspension trucks, but lower in the back (kind of like a reverse level).

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
My opinion, I’ve done Carli and Thuren in the past, they are top of the line and awesome, but overbuilt for most people’s uses. This time I just put a zone leveling kit on mine, it was a hundred bucks, you can always spring for longer shocks if you so please, but I used a shock extension that was 20 bucks on amazon. Once I wear out those factory shocks, I will get the extended ones and swap it out at that time. I drive probably 80% on road and D809AEBC-15AE-4103-A033-5B803DFC9379.jpeg 20% Forrest service fire roads. If you plan on doing real off-roading where you need articulation and suspension components that are built to withstand a true beating then go Carli or thuren all the way, but if you are fine with factory ride and equivalent if not better than factory componentry go cheaper. I’m talking leveling kits here, if you want a lift kit that is a whole different story and I would say Carli and Thuren regardless.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I leveled my 2017 2500 with a Tuff Country # 32909 2" spacer kit with shock relocation bracket.

I've used this particular kit, or earlier versions, on three 2500 Ram trucks and had no issues with any of them.

My 2017 does not have rear self leveling air. My 2014 did have it. Looked fine and level to me. My 2007 did not have air either and looked great.

Bldrinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My opinion, I’ve done Carli and Thuren in the past, they are top of the line and awesome, but overbuilt for most people’s uses. This time I just put a zone leveling kit on mine, it was a hundred bucks, you can always spring for longer shocks if you so please, but I used a shock extension that was 20 bucks on amazon. Once I wear out those factory shocks, I will get the extended ones and swap it out at that time. I drive probably 80% on road and View attachment 200328 20% Forrest service fire roads. If you plan on doing real off-roading where you need articulation and suspension components that are built to withstand a true beating then go Carli or thuren all the way, but if you are fine with factory ride and equivalent if not better than factory componentry go cheaper. I’m talking leveling kits here, if you want a lift kit that is a whole different story and I would say Carli and Thuren regardless.

what size leveling kit and what size tires do you have?

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
what size leveling kit and what size tires do you have?
It is a 2 inch leveling kit, still running stock tires (33s) until they are used up. Plan to do 305/70R18 or 315/70R18 (little bigger than a 35) at that point.