Leveling kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BCollerRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 V6
I would like to level out my 2wd 1500 on the front. Its got that hot rod look right now and I'm not to fond of it. But I have a few questions, first how bad will a leveling kit affect the ride of my truck? And how costly of a mod might it be?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
Depending on how you want to level it it could be pretty cheap to more expensive. You can get a pair of coil spacers for under $100, which is what I did. Or you can get fancier with leveling shocks or new springs, etc. They will all affect the ride differently.

I can't speak from experience on the other methods, but spacers will stiffen up the front end a lot and make you feel every single bump if you keep the stock shocks on it. I replaced my front shocks with some for a 2500 (they are just 2 inches longer than the 1500 shocks) and that helped a ton. But it is still a little rougher ride than what it was stock.

Check with some of the site's vendors to see what kinds of deals you might be able to get.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
The only options for a 2wd are spacers or new springs
Depending on your budget rough country has a 3" lift kit that has 3" springs in the front and a 1" block for the rear and I believe has new shocks for $300

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
And my guess is that going with that 3" kit will give you a better ride too.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Some people do have problems with the upper ball joints when leveling 2wd
Someone makes and upper control arm that fixes the problem but I cant remember who

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The only options for a 2wd are spacers or new springs
Depending on your budget rough country has a 3" lift kit that has 3" springs in the front and a 1" block for the rear and I believe has new shocks for $300

this is what i would get if i was going to level a 2wd

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it all depends on what you want. go and measure how much of a difference you have between the front and the back, then decide if you want completely leveled or at least close. you can get spacers, springs, or spindles.

OP
OP
BCollerRam

BCollerRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 V6
I have been looking into spring spacers they seem to be the most cost effective.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk