Leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rodrigobotello91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hello I need some help to see if anyone has the same problem I’m having so I have a 2018 ram 2500 Cummins with Cjcoffroad’s carli pintop 2.5 leveling kit with king shocks I currently have their torsion sway bar track bar 2.5 front coil springs and of course the king shocks in the rear I just have their piggy back king shocks I am running method 17” wheels with 37x 13.50 toyo mt and 40 psi all around the truck rides rough evening when leveling my driveway it feels like stock i know the rear there wasn’t going to be much difference but the front feels the same it’s rough everywhere on road and off roads can anyone help or have any ideas?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hello I need some help to see if anyone has the same problem I’m having so I have a 2018 ram 2500 Cummins with Cjcoffroad’s carli pintop 2.5 leveling kit with king shocks I currently have their torsion sway bar track bar 2.5 front coil springs and of course the king shocks in the rear I just have their piggy back king shocks I am running method 17” wheels with 37x 13.50 toyo mt and 40 psi all around the truck rides rough evening when leveling my driveway it feels like stock i know the rear there wasn’t going to be much difference but the front feels the same it’s rough everywhere on road and off roads can anyone help or have any ideas?
Who did the install?

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Are you sure the tires are balanced well? in assuming with 37" they had you use the balancing beads?

I have the 295/70/18 mickey Thompson MTZ 10 ply tires on my truck and they ride horrible no matter how much I deflate them or inflate them. feels like I can feel every lug in the tire as they roll. Shop could not balance propely the first time so I needed to get the beads which helped but I finaly found some 34" nitto gs terra grapplers which are 4ply like the 31" g2s my 1500 truck came with used. They rode great. the 34" g2s are 20lbs per tire lighter than the 69lb MTs so they should make a decent increase in performance and mileage. Not all 10 ply tires ride rough though as you know since your truck came stock with them. The treadpattern on the tires makes a big difference in how smooth they roll as well. MT are just going to perform better in the mud and give up comfort and be noisey as hell on the highway on the highway. I had 35" mastercraft mud tire on my gen 2 and they gave the whole drivetrain a hum vibration at pretty much all speeds the whole 10 years they were on the truck. If they are not balanced well the vibrations will be worse once you hit about 20mph
just something to consider.