Lift installed, picture time!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow thanks guys! Ill look into it more tomorrow. I didnt think the angle was that bad, but both upper and lower joint boots are torn, but like you said it might have been from installing the spring. The lower ball joint was never removed, just the top one, and we pulled the spindle down to get the spring in, so that probably caused the tearing of the boots. It aligned fine, but we didnt bother with the caster angle because it wasnt that far off.

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depends on the mileage on your truck it might be a wise idea to replace both of the upper control arms anyway. it might save the hassle in the end...

its got 126,***. I never knew that they needed to be replaced unless something was damaged

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
You will be fine as long it aligns ok, what did you use to remove the spindle and ball joint?

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good. Makes me want to something like this to mine instead of just a level

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You will be fine as long it aligns ok, what did you use to remove the spindle and ball joint?
alright thanks! we used a pickle fork to remove the upper ball joint, and just left the lower one on

Looks good. Makes me want to something like this to mine instead of just a level

Thanks, it would look nice, I love when those 4th gens are lifted!

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Looks good man , I like the tire size to lift combo you have now .. I dont like the stuffed look like these guys .

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good man , I like the tire size to lift combo you have now .. I dont like the stuffed look like these guys .

Thanks man! Thats kinda what I was thinking, it seems like once you get the biggest tires you can fit, the truck doesnt look as big as it did before IMO. So ill probably just save the money for something else

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
it would look sick with some 33s, truck looks good though i would just replace the boots they are cheap and you will be fine the pickle fork rips them every time i ripped mine also, i just taped my boots up because i havent had a chance to swap out boots yet has been fine so far

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it would look sick with some 33s, truck looks good though i would just replace the boots they are cheap and you will be fine the pickle fork rips them every time i ripped mine also, i just taped my boots up because i havent had a chance to swap out boots yet has been fine so far

ok, thanks for all the help! Ya i just taped mine up, and probably replacing them soon. How much do the boots cost, and where do you get them?

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
they sell generic ones at pretty much any auto parts store. rock auto on here may sell them also, but if your at 126k miles id just replace the balljoints if your going to tear into the suspension again you might as well just replace them they shouldnt be to much, id go with moog they will hold up better and perform better with your truck being lifted. if not id just leave then taped up until they wear out and them replace them, most times people replace them around your miles anyways

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So that lift was acheived with coil springs NOT spindles in the front?

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
they sell generic ones at pretty much any auto parts store. rock auto on here may sell them also, but if your at 126k miles id just replace the balljoints if your going to tear into the suspension again you might as well just replace them they shouldnt be to much, id go with moog they will hold up better and perform better with your truck being lifted. if not id just leave then taped up until they wear out and them replace them, most times people replace them around your miles anyways
ok, thats probably what ill do then, thanks!
So that lift was acheived with coil springs NOT spindles in the front?
correct, its a cst coil spring that adds 3" along with a Daystar 1.5" spacer(really only adds 1")

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
The daystar only adds 1" and you bought the 1.5? I know they sell a 1" to I thought about adding that to my cst lift

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what i can tell yes. Really what it is is a 1.5" spacer but there is a stock spacer/ insulator already on the truck that is about .5". I took the stock one off because it seemed like it would cause problems but i believe some have left theirs on.

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Hows the ride? Thinking about adding the spacer I need allitle more lift up front

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
What shock did you go with? You may need a longer shock

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unless you want to keep replacing parts pull the spacer. It's a lot to ask from your factory set up... I would look into a spindle to run with your coils and have a 7 inch lift. But the coil and spacer is a recipe for bad luck.

Just my opinion.

To run that spacer you need aftermarket UCA and they arent cheap. It's cheaper to buy spindles and have 7 lift rather than UCA and have 4.

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What shock did you go with? You may need a longer shock
I got the Rancho 5000 that were in that link that I posted earlier

Unless you want to keep replacing parts pull the spacer. It's a lot to ask from your factory set up... I would look into a spindle to run with your coils and have a 7 inch lift. But the coil and spacer is a recipe for bad luck.

Just my opinion.

To run that spacer you need aftermarket UCA and they arent cheap. It's cheaper to buy spindles and have 7 lift rather than UCA and have 4.

Eventually i might get some aftermarket UCA. If I got the spindles that would give me a lot more lift, and I would want to get a bigger block for the rear and bigger tires or else it ould look bad. And adding those up would just be to much money