Lift suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys! Been a while since I've posted. I've decided that I want to lift my truck! Decided against body lifts and have decided to go with a suspension lift. Do you guys have any suggestions on lifts? What brands? I thought I found a 3 inch lift but I can't find it anymore. Please help!!!! I'm looking for a 3-4 inch lift, trying to stay under $1,500. Thanks guys!

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
Rough Country, who is a vendor on the forum, has a good lift kit. The 4 inch goes for 1250.00 and the 6 inch for 1400.00. Several members on the forum run the Rough Country lifts and are very pleased with them.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rough Country, who is a vendor on the forum, has a good lift kit. The 4 inch goes for 1250.00 and the 6 inch for 1400.00. Several members on the forum run the Rough Country lifts and are very pleased with them.

What he said ^^^^
We are also a vendor for rough country as well and can get you RCX, Pro Comp, BDS, you name it.
Best bang for your buck is RCX though.

Roguebishop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
RCX is right for the budget. and if your military they give discounts.

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I agree. RCX lifts are really popular among Ram 4G owners.

OP
OP
lone12star

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Should I go with the 4 or 6 inch lift? I was thinking just the 4 but now I'm debating lol

Roguebishop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well for what 100 bucks i mean tire size at this point i mean im looking at upgrading to 37
35 probbaly on 4" the 6" also upgrades coils

OP
OP
lone12star

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea that's what I was thinking, just cash out the extra 100-200 bucks and get the 6 and save myself money later of I want to get higher lol I've even thought about going with an 8 inch but decided that's too high haha

OP
OP
lone12star

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now with either of the lifts should I need new gears or anything like that?

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea that's what I was thinking, just cash out the extra 100-200 bucks and get the 6 and save myself money later of I want to get higher lol I've even thought about going with an 8 inch but decided that's too high haha

Do the 6" for sure
8" is achievable by using Bilsteins and they can always be added when ready

Now with either of the lifts should I need new gears or anything like that?

Gears? Yes and no.....
I can discuss this with you offline as this is a long subject :)

Roguebishop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
very long story really gonna cone down t what you do the majority of time in the truck

dont put in racing if your only gonna do it once in a while

OP
OP
lone12star

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only drive about 15 miles a day to work and back, go muddin if its wet and off so notice really haha, I've had my truck for about 6-7 months and only have 5100 miles on it

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only drive about 15 miles a day to work and back, go muddin if its wet and off so notice really haha, I've had my truck for about 6-7 months and only have 5100 miles on it

Go for a custom 12" lift ;)
Kidding....
When you are ready and you do a bit more research, it will come to you as to what lift you want.

Roguebishop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
how much in repairs have you spent going muddin with just a leveling kit?
Are you up for changing out your wheels when needed from muddin to everyday driving?
I enjoy hitting some soft dirt and I use to consider that muddin until i actaully foun out what muddin really was.

I have a lot of tank trails around where I work and I like to hit them and I did so stock and no issues but there were mere puddles. I now have a 6" lift but dont have the tires to go with it.

SO if your a muddin type of individual out side of a lift what type of tires you ready to put on this thing? Mud Grapplers, Terrain Grapplers, Mud dawgs? because if your just running All Terrain a lift aint gonna help you.

And buddies with tow hooks and winches are awesome things as well.

Also when it comes to the lift Find an installer that warranties his work and does it enough. I can emphasize this enough unless you are a die hard off roader thats been doing it for a minute leave it to a professional. I also let the installer buy the kit normally they will give you a break on the labor and lift price. For instance ROugh country directly gave me a nice discount off of there list price of which ever vendor offered me the list price maybe 50 bucks off but manufacture was still cheaper. The installer though discounted the labor if he ordered the part which of course I know he is still making money from the lift itself. but in the end well under 2k for an installed 6" lift from RCX warrantied.

Oh yeah and the Manufacture new plenty about the installer as well as reviews and past experience. I love warm and fuzzy experiences.

Sorry I am a long winded individual.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
how much in repairs have you spent going muddin with just a leveling kit?
Are you up for changing out your wheels when needed from muddin to everyday driving?
I enjoy hitting some soft dirt and I use to consider that muddin until i actaully foun out what muddin really was.

I have a lot of tank trails around where I work and I like to hit them and I did so stock and no issues but there were mere puddles. I now have a 6" lift but dont have the tires to go with it.

SO if your a muddin type of individual out side of a lift what type of tires you ready to put on this thing? Mud Grapplers, Terrain Grapplers, Mud dawgs? because if your just running All Terrain a lift aint gonna help you.

And buddies with tow hooks and winches are awesome things as well.

Also when it comes to the lift Find an installer that warranties his work and does it enough. I can emphasize this enough unless you are a die hard off roader thats been doing it for a minute leave it to a professional. I also let the installer buy the kit normally they will give you a break on the labor and lift price. For instance ROugh country directly gave me a nice discount off of there list price of which ever vendor offered me the list price maybe 50 bucks off but manufacture was still cheaper. The installer though discounted the labor if he ordered the part which of course I know he is still making money from the lift itself. but in the end well under 2k for an installed 6" lift from RCX warrantied.

Oh yeah and the Manufacture new plenty about the installer as well as reviews and past experience. I love warm and fuzzy experiences.

Sorry I am a long winded individual.

What Rogue said...that is long winded message ;) but good info