LIGHT BARS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure about other states, but here in the wonderful state of California (*not*) LED light bars are illegal for street use. Off-road use only. Make sure you get covers for them or you’ll get stopped. Especially in your more rural areas.

Luckily in MT not many stateies running around, and.. no one I mean NO ONE covers them, and often peeps leave them on in the daylight. Snow plow guys for sure! Nothing like coming up behind a pickup with a blinding light on top shining in your eyes, at least when you are meeting them, you can flash your own, and they promptly shut it off!

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Every time I see a light bar mounted up on top like yours I grin just a little. I used to have one up top towards front, and got sick of every piece of mud on the windshield glowing like a ufo, not to mention the hood. I found if you mount it back just enough that the cab casts a shadow over your hood, you don't have to worry about all that, and you loose nothing either. The light is higher than your head so the place where the light hits the ground in font is actually lower than what you can see over the hood. Plus it make the light come around on the sides further.. I am not sure why companies don't make a bracket that allows one to adjust that! I had a magnet system.

Last edited:

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Flush mount pods come with allen head screws. In the pic is cutout for pod to sit flush and 1 hole on each end for the screws

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Zoom in on pic

20170919_152653.jpg

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Iv painted em black since i took that pic

Mikeyyyj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
Flush mount pods come with allen head screws. In the pic is cutout for pod to sit flush and 1 hole on each end for the screws

The lights aren't heavy enough to strain the plastic ? It holds the light tight without bouncing up and down?

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All good. Been on 6 months with no issues. Plastic is really pretty strong and pods arent too heavy. Iv upgraded from 18 watt flood to 40 watt flood about 3 months ago

Mikeyyyj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
Thanks!! I think I'm gonna go with the mictuning 40w flush mount pods. They seem pretty good from what I have read so far.