locking/unlocking hubs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Found this guy while doing some searching. I have a manual shift transfer case. If I were to install these wouldn't i be able to completely stop my front drive shaft and axle assembly from rotating like an old school set up? If this link is not allowed, please forgive me. This could be a cool set up.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Warn also makes locking hubs as do a few others. They do what they are supposed to, not sure they actually make any difference on fuel mileage or much of anything else, but they are old school for sure.

OP
OP
Ole Buck

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yea but I dont believe the warns are for this platform. These have machined cv axles that go into a locking/non locking hub. On my rig everything turns while underway, front driveshaft, front diff, front cv axles, I would love to be able to free them up and only rotate when i "lock" them in. I do not mind getting out and twisting the hub. Just wondering if anyone else had done this on a 1500. I can see several videos that guys did this to 2500's but not a 1500 yet.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
OP
OP
Ole Buck

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will give him a call. I would love to be able to do this.

OP
OP
Ole Buck

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I checked with the company because https://therammaninc.com/products/shop_view/1995-2018-DODGE-RAM-1500-TRUCK-4X4-LOCKING-HUB-KIT-378 their website does not show hubs for the 2019 to 2022 2500s. According to Wayne Brown, who answered my email, they do carry these hubs and can supply them.
His phone number
for anyone interested. He might be worth talking to about your 1500.
I took your advice and sent him an email. About two hours later he called me. Holy crap the actual guy that does the design, the machining and the assembly called me. I could have listened to him for two hours. He is a hoot !! Once you place your order, it's about a two week turn around. I will be buying mine in about two weeks and will do a full install with pictures and post them here. No more full rotating assembly, just the rear drive shaft and the rear-end. Its not cheap, but its something I am willing and happy to get.

OP
OP
Ole Buck

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it will be well worth it for me. Just my personal opinion but when I start jacking up trucks and adding larger tires the absolute last thing on my mind is mpg. This is not a daily driver, it's just my hobby. I am running 37's now with a new set of 38's waiting to go on. So, if I can reduce any type of extra strain on my running gear it's a plus for me. Just imagine, the cv axels not turning, the axels themselves not turning, the front diff not spinning, the front drive shaft not spinning, I will take that any day. But that's just me.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder what Axles hes using for these kits.

Looking forward to your install. If they are nice ill order a set for the ****box

Ill email him to see if he can do the kit without the CV axles. Ill just send him the cups of my Cardone's HDs so he can machine them.

Last edited:

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I will follow your install with great interest.

OP
OP
Ole Buck

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder what Axles hes using for these kits.

Looking forward to your install. If they are nice ill order a set for the ****box

Ill email him to see if he can do the kit without the CV axles. Ill just send him the cups of my Cardone's HDs so he can machine them.
now thats a hell of an idea right there.