Long tube headers at Wally World

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have almost got them so many times from there but read the reviews a lot of people getting sent the wrong item .

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Kind of a nice design with the removable crossover and the hi flow "Y", though.
Looks like they are made by "Maximizer High Performance". ChiCom?

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Quality long tubes run about $2000+. Apparently, this unknown manufacturer knows exactly what theirs is worth. LOL-
Jay
It's not quality Jay it's name brand,you're paying for a name.Personally i think you're nuts to pay $2000 for a set of headers,there's no way it costs outfits like ARH that much to build a set of headers,their mark up for their name is way out of this world.Lots of guys are running the cheap ebay headers,and i haven't heard of anybody yelling about their fitment or the quality of the welds.I've actually heard more yellng about ARH's lately then any other header manufacture.These are close to 2,000 dollars cheaper then a set of your fancy name brand headers,that $2000 would go along ways towards buying other parts to compliment the headers,like a custom tune/6.4 intake manifold,or even a cam

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Kind of a nice design with the removable crossover and the hi flow "Y", though.
Looks like they are made by "Maximizer High Performance". ChiCom?

You have to read the comments,and clic on the links and read the comments in them too.I wouldn't be scared of a set of these headers.The majority of comments say good things. ;)

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Clearly, there are similar products at different price points that are available to be purchased. Additionally, different people have different experiences with the products they buy. Product loyalty, peer pressure, budgetary constraints, product quality, product reputation, and reported results are just a few of the things that may enter into someone's decision to buy a certain product or not. At the end of the day, it is the consumer's decision to evaluate the information they have, they have seen or they believe, before spending their money.
Jay

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Clearly, there are similar products at different price points that are available to be purchased. Additionally, different people have different experiences with the products they buy. Product loyalty, peer pressure, budgetary constraints, product quality, product reputation, and reported results are just a few of the things that may enter into someone's decision to buy a certain product or not. At the end of the day, it is the consumer's decision to evaluate the information they have, they have seen or they believe, before spending their money.
Jay
But you're always the first one to comment on quality Jay,and you have no experience with the quality of said headers.In your opinion there's only one header manufacture ARH and you're quick as hell to promote them any chance you can,so we know where your loyalties lie.Me personally i think you're nuts to buy ARH's / Stainless Works or Kooks at their price point,all you're paying for is a name.

Black1500Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve owned OBX headers on almost every cheap import car I’ve owned.
Never had a cracked weld or any other kind of issues. Sure not perfect fitment, but 98?

I agree; cannot rationalize $2000 for steel straws.
I’ll go one further and say even my DSM turbo obx headers never cracked and they supported the full weight of a Garrett turbo.

Any ideas if these would work with 8 speed trans?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought the headers that I found to be the best for my situation. I did the research I felt was necessary and personally inspected the header quality before they were installed. I also compared them to "cheaper" headers. I made my decision and bought ARH long tubes and have been happy with their quality, fitment, and performance. You're right, I don't mind talking about my experiences with them, just as you talk about your experiences with your purchases. I have listened to and valued your opinion on numerous things, however I have always made my own decision. If you disagree with my opinion then we disagree. One thing we do agree on is the price of the "top tier" headers--you are 100% correct, their pricing is beyond ridiculous. I am hoping this is not moving toward a personal problem involving you and I that I was not aware of.
Jay

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I’ll go one further and say even my DSM turbo obx headers never cracked and they supported the full weight of a Garrett turbo.

Any ideas if these would work with 8 speed trans?
If anything might need a bit of tweaking for the 8 speed,it would be the midpipe,but that's only a guess on my part,as i haven't tried these out.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I bought the headers that I found to be the best for my situation. I did the research I felt was necessary and personally inspected the header quality before they were installed. I also compared them to "cheaper" headers. I made my decision and bought ARH long tubes and have been happy with their quality, fitment, and performance. You're right, I don't mind talking about my experiences with them, just as you talk about your experiences with your purchases. I have listened to and valued your opinion on numerous things, however I have always made my own decision. If you disagree with my opinion then we disagree. I am hoping this is not moving toward a personal problem involving you and I that I was not aware of.
Jay
Hey i left your post alone on facebook about Diablo tuners and Sean,lol.Even though the Diablo tuner is a dying breed and still has occassional issues with bricking PCMs.The good tuners are all using HP now,lol

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You have to read the comments,and clic on the links and read the comments in them too.I wouldn't be scared of a set of these headers.The majority of comments say good things. ;)
I guess I should have been more clear. I like the removable xover and the low restriction "Y", but included articles that showed less than stellar build quality, but seem like they could get er done for the cheap.. There, fixed it. :cool:

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
"What's the best header" is like "what's the best tire or boat engine". Answer is"all depends".

Hookers were the big dog at one time, but named Hookers-headers because they were such a wh**e to install.

PS: Had to add the "S" on the end of the name to get past the censors. :rolleyes:

Sillygoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
damn, if i knew about these i wouldn't have gone with the jba shortys, but then i'd have to get a real tune, meh nevermind :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat