Looking at doing some audio, need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So my audio in my 02 is just not cutting it. I bought the truck used and the old owner I believe put in Sony speakers and thats it and its just blah to me. With that I think its time to do a upgrade. I listen to all kinds of music and like to have it sound crisp and mellow, but then sometimes I like to have the bass knocking. I am no audio expert at all, more so a noob. My old car I went with crutchfield and had them help me and I was happy. So I talked to their chat today and they gave me some recommendations. I will list what they recommend below:

Speakers: Polk Audio DXi691 and Polk Audio DXi651's
Kicker DSC35 for dash speakers

Wiring Kit: T-Spec V10-DAK4

What I currently own: Infinity Reference 475a 4 channel 75 watts RMS x 4 Amp
Alpine MRP-M450 Mono subwoofer amp 400 watts RMS x 1 at 2 OHMS

Subwoofer: Looking at getting JL Audio stealh box 10" w3

Headunit- Not sure

Now I was planning on using the Infinity amp for door speakers, headunit would power dash speakers. Alpine will operate subwoofer.

Questions:
1. Does this sound like a good system?
2. Good wiring kit?
3. Saw on crutchfield speaker baffles, do I need?
4. Crutchfield says I have to redrill mounting spots, do I need to do any after prep to metal to prevent rust?
5. Headunit recommendations? I was thinking a double din, I don't really need all the fancy stuff a $1k one provides, but want some good features.

Thanks guys!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Sounds good to me, is it a RC or 4 door..if RC, use the 4 channel to do 3.5 and doors...and mono amp for sub.

HU, man they are endless...best bet is go to as many local audio stores, see what features you like and hits your price point.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its a 4 door, so was going ahe speakers run off infinity. You think having the 3.5s run off a headunit would be fine?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yes, if you use 4 channel to do all doors, sure.