Looking For Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drudolf14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
My girlfriend has a 2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. We are having major problems with the truck, I wanted to see if anyone had similar problems and how it was fixed.

The Truck is a 2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie 4x4:

What has been happening is every so often it will buck under load. That is then usually followed by the dash displaying "Electronic Throttle Sensor" then "Low Oil Pressure" which is immediately followed by the truck shutting off (Last time it was at 65mph on the interstate). Then it goes to extended cranking to restart around 12-20 seconds of continuous cranking. We also got another CEL recently P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure - Too Low.

I am at a loss. This is the trucks 2nd time to the dealer for the same exact issue and all they are telling me is the system needed an update, which is to me a load of crap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sounds like it's not getting enough fuel. i'd try changing the fuel filter and priming the lines. do you live in a cold area? the diesel could be gelling and plugging up, could try adding some anti gel treatment

the whole "just needs an update" line seems to be a standard response for any and all issues you bring up at the dealer these days

tuckerdog1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
If it just needed an update, the problem would be gone after the 1st visit. Keep track of all this ( who you spoke to, when, all paperwork, etc ). If this 2nd visit does not correct the problem, I'd move it up the food chain ( this was a new vehicle correct? ).

OP
OP
D

drudolf14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yes brand new truck it has 14,900 on it now. Apparently the owner of the dealer now has it and is going to drive it as long as he has to replicate it. Just don't feel safe putting a family in a truck that shuts off going 60+

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes brand new truck it has 14,900 on it now. Apparently the owner of the dealer now has it and is going to drive it as long as he has to replicate it. Just don't feel safe putting a family in a truck that shuts off going 60+

if true sounds like you have a pretty decent dealer. most just say they can't replicate it and send you on your way

lilbigtonka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man I hate to gear that, when I got my truck in 14 I was thinking about pulling the trigger on the Eco diesel but hearing stories like this makes me glad with what I went with.....good luck and keep us posted

OP
OP
D

drudolf14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Ok got the truck back. They replaced the Low Pressure pump, and re calibrated the fuel system. Everything seems ok for now.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok got the truck back. They replaced the Low Pressure pump, and re calibrated the fuel system. Everything seems ok for now.

it took this long? i'd be pissed after the first week lol. how many miles did they put on it?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
at least they fixed it. i wouldnt be pissed at all.