Looking for opinions on which batrery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
From what I see I have to agree i can not seem to find a walmrt in a 40 mile radius that carries the battery for the 1500. They dont have the stock battery or the h8. I went to a few also and they do not carry them seems strange to me.
After checking , yes Walmart has the best warranty of the two . I’ve ordered many things from Walmart, it’s fast , and it’s free . You could have them faster than running around looking , especially since you are in no rush . IMO the Walmart Everstart Maxx can’t be beat . Just order them , and have them delivered to your doorstep.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
After checking , yes Walmart has the best warranty of the two . I’ve ordered many things from Walmart, it’s fast , and it’s free . You could have them faster than running around looking , especially since you are in no rush . IMO the Walmart Everstart Maxx can’t be beat . Just order them , and have them delivered to your doorstep.
The Walmart near me stopped giving warranty in the store. They told me to contact the battery manufacturer to get warranty replacements. So I went to Bj's and got a new one at the time. It wasn't worth dealing with getting a replacement that way so for me, I won't get their batteries any more.

OP
OP
Mb7640

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Walmart near me stopped giving warranty in the store. They told me to contact the battery manufacturer to get warranty replacements. So I went to Bj's and got a new one at the time. It wasn't worth dealing with getting a replacement that way so for me, I won't get their batteries any more.
I will definitely have to find this out if thats the case where I am at its definitely not worth it.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That’s unfortunate , mine are right at 3 years, but no signs of giving up . There’s another 2 years prorated, so not too worried about warranty at this point . I’ll sure check to see if indeed my local Walmart quit honoring the warranty. I do have a daughter-in-law that runs a Walmart I’ll also check with her , being the store director she should know .

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do not get your reasoning. You can get a battery for 129 bucks and it has a non prorated 36 month full replacement warranty. If they turn out to only last 1 year, you get another for free. If it kacks after 2 years and 11 months, same free replacement. at a minimum you get three years, even if they only last 1 year each. Where is the down side?
Exactly! I was in a National Tire and Battery store years back waiting on my car getting an alignment. There was an Interstate battery rep setting up a display. During a conversation the rep made a statement that stuck with me. He said, always buy the battery with the best warranty for the lowest price as you’re actually buying a warranty not a battery. All batteries fail at some point so I buy the longest full replacement warranty for the lowest price no matter the brand or the retailer.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sent a text to my daughter-in-law, I’ll know in a bit . Sure doesn’t sound right to me .
Maybe some Walmarts don’t honor battery warranty but the one closest to me does. I went there just a few days ago to purchase a H5 battery for my daughter’s Hyundai. The guy in front of me was bringing in a H7 battery under warranty and the clerk told him to just get a H8 battery as there were no H7 in stock and they were the same price. Clerk didn’t even check the condition of the failed battery.

OP
OP
Mb7640

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe some Walmarts don’t honor battery warranty but the one closest to me does. I went there just a few days ago to purchase a H5 battery for my daughter’s Hyundai. The guy in front of me was bringing in a H7 battery under warranty and the clerk told him to just get a H8 battery as there were no H7 in stock and they were the same price. Clerk didn’t even check the condition of the failed battery.
Im going to have to either call them or go over to Walmart and ask them. There warranty says 4 year and $179 vs $250 for same battery
Its worth checking out. The only concern is stock of them since I looked last week did not have any now 2 walmarts do. We will see

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The best battery I ever bought for my RAM was a NorthStar AGM ... Put it in my 2013 RAM and when I traded it in on a new 2017 I had the dealer swap my NorthStar into my new truck ... it was a bit pricey but never had an issue with it, so it was worth the extra money ... When I bought my new 2020 I forgot to swap the batteries, but if I ever need a new one, it's my go-to...

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
I went to Interstate and bought the HD Interstate AGM. No trouble since. Turned down warranty replacement.

mdc1990zr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2018 6.7 diesel. I know that diesel engines have a heavier load placed on batteries than gasoline but, when it came time to replace mine, I went with a Mopar battery. Believing that it was at least engineered for my particular vehicle.
I applaud you for taking your time to make an informed decision. When you are in a place that has no near services, or are somewhere where there is no qualified assistance, the battery you have is very important.
Mine were only marginally more expensive that other off-brand batteries when I watched for specials at my local Ram dealership. I have vehicles that have lasted 284K miles and always looked to OEM parts when available. (Other than air fresheners or cup holders!).
Good luck on your search.
I have a 1998 Chevrolet c3500 with the 6.5th. I have had the Walmart batteries for the last few changes. I replace in pairs and they are still working, although a little weak at five years..,,well past the warranty, and they’re made by the old/new Johnson controls

David James

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2021 warlock looks like my battery will die soon hopefully it will last until the end of the year. I have been looking at h8 agm batteries. I have narrowed it down to either interstate mtx-49/h8 or duralast agm platinum. Wanted to see what people think. Thanks
I bought replacement AGM battery Durace
I have a 2021 warlock looks like my battery will die soon hopefully it will last until the end of the year. I have been looking at h8 agm batteries. I have narrowed it down to either interstate mtx-49/h8 or duralast agm platinum. Wanted to see what people think. Thanks
2016 Big Horn Hemi. Replaced in 2021 with a Batteries Plus Duracell Gold Flooded cell 790 CCA with three year warranty. They had the best pricing of the local vendors, no charge to install, and lots of stores nationally to honor warranty. Second of my vehicles with a Duracell, the other a E Class Benz. Shop around but keep your comparisons apples to apples. They are all good products - only three sources in the USA of all batteries.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
After checking with my daughter-in-law, someone’s probably yanking your chain on this battery warranty, yes they honor the warranty in the stores

OP
OP
Mb7640

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought replacement AGM battery Durace

2016 Big Horn Hemi. Replaced in 2021 with a Batteries Plus Duracell Gold Flooded cell 790 CCA with three year warranty. They had the best pricing of the local vendors, no charge to install, and lots of stores nationally to honor warranty. Second of my vehicles with a Duracell, the other a E Class Benz. Shop around but keep your comparisons apples to apples. They are all good products - only three sources in the USA of all batteries.
Thanks for this information

OP
OP
Mb7640

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
20230807_171624.jpgHere is where my gauge is at now. Normally always in the middle when the battery was new

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It looks like Costco Canada has a better warranty for AGM batteries than the USA, how odd.

In the US, it looks like a 3-year, pro-rated whereas in Canada, we get a full replacement for 5 years and then pro-rated out to 100 months that still pays 25%.

Costco.ca Energizer warranty.jpg

Of course, we do get gouged much more for the purchase up here. And H7 AGM is listed online at $300 CDN, I think I saw them at $269 in the store.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mb7640

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It looks like Costco Canada has a better warranty for AGM batteries than the USA, how odd.

In the US, it looks like a 3-year, pro-rated whereas in Canada, we get a full replacement for 5 years and then pro-rated out to 100 months that still pays 25%.

View attachment 526060

Of course, we do get gouged much more for the purchase up here. And H7 AGM is listed online at $300 CDN, I think I saw them at $269 in the store.

Yeah I know you guys get gouged a lot up there. I will have to call walmart. It says 4 year warranty for h7 agm it says nothing about being pro rated or not. I know the interstate at the interstate store is 3 year non pro rated.