looking for some good lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwardncsu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking for options to replace the lighting that is on our 2004 RAM 1500. What is on the truck now looks like OEM enclosures that have been "smoked" - not sure if they have been on the exterior or interior - but it is "crazing" and starting to look bad, plus I am not happy with the light output and my son will be driving this truck.

So, I'm looking for replacement/retro-fit options that have good light output - I like HID type lighting - and he would like a lamp that has a "blacked out" look - so that means a projector light with black interior and clear exterior lens to me.....

Point me in the right directions....

-turn key
- some DIY/modding to existing lamps (though I'll need the lamp fixtures as well given the state of the current ones).

thanks!

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Would suggest Partsgeek.com You will find several choices from inexpensive after market to OEM. They also carry the upgrade option lights. Caution. The cheap ones are made cheap.Youtube has good videos for replacing. But, I found the replacement of my 03 Quad cab SLT headlights to be super simple. Took less than 20 minutes.

OP
OP
M

mwardncsu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks - yep, we've already had the lamp out once to replace a blown turn-signal bulb - they are easy enough to remove. My main concern is quality light output even if at the expense of a few $$

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Thanks - yep, we've already had the lamp out once to replace a blown turn-signal bulb - they are easy enough to remove. My main concern is quality light output even if at the expense of a few $$
I replaced mine with OEM. I paid for what I wanted and found the replacement lights brighter than original stock.