Looking into a direct-fit muffler for a little more noise...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You want the Borla Pro XS. It's not a direct bolt on, you'll have to get it welded in, but it sounds great and has no drone. I switched to the Borla after having a Magnaflow 14" put on. The MF was a drone monster between 1600-1900 RPMs. The Borla has a nice deep tone, loud when you get on it, but tame at idle and cruising around. I love it. I valet parked my truck a few weeks ago and when the attendant drove off I was like YEAH...truck sounds sweet.

From what you described, the Carven Progressive may be a bit too loud for you. I've not heard it in person, it sounds good on youtube, but some have taken them off because they're too loud. Not sure about drone.

Narwhal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Made an appointment with Mufflex since I'm local. Idea is to start with the 18" moderate muffler and possibly add a resonator afterward. They will likely be custom fabricating me a hidden exhaust (my bumper doesn't have cutouts) and they seemed open to me taking it around the block after they install certain parts before I commit to anything else. They said what another guy said earlier (aggressive muffler has some drone, moderate has minimal to no drone, mellow has none).

Dodge This

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Whatever you decide, I would stay away from a Rustmaster, unless you want to buy a new muffler again after 2 or 3 years. I can see the appeal of the Mufflex mufflers if you want a bit more sound, but not too loud. I have the Carven Progressive with 5" tips and there's nothing quiet about it, however, I absolutely love how it sounds.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whatever you decide, I would stay away from a Rustmaster, unless you want to buy a new muffler again after 2 or 3 years. I can see the appeal of the Mufflex mufflers if you want a bit more sound, but not too loud. I have the Carven Progressive with 5" tips and there's nothing quiet about it, however, I absolutely love how it sounds.

Thanks for your recommendation bubba. I’m just still deciding on what I want more, louder or stay quiet...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro