Lost it !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Initial double row socket pics lets you know alignment for pins 1-8, and then second row where pin 9 starts. But I'm not seeing enough detail to fully pin this one out. I thought this might be a Molex mini fit Jr series plug, but the round corners in the plug across the 16 points don't match that series right.

Anyone have one of these to help the thread out?

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you check your 'other' pocket? ...that's usually where I find things I thought I lost ..ha ha ... :Pshyco:

No, but seriously, If you can communicate with another user on the Diablo forum/s or any tuner forum (maybe even HERE!), ask a user to use a VOM and do a continuity test and hand-sketch the pin-out. Should be easy enough. Then solder a universal plug to your board, or buy the right connector off like Ebay and solder the wires to the new connector. You can just encase the soldered wires at the new connector in hot glue or RTV. Hot glue is what electronic engineers seem to use when making prototypes. Just keep building it up ...It works.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Connector to go into that board is a: Molex 43025-1600 Micro-Fit 3.0

If I had the pinout for this cable, I could make one for you @Daw14

Just an observation but pinout on a OBD2 connector is also laid out with same number sequence like the pic above on the Molex connector on the board shown above. There's a chance this is just straight thru wiring, but would be a risk to try without having a Diablesports T1027 cable to verify pinout first, but thought I would point it out.

Screenshot 2023-11-01 133534.png

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If only an owner of the same tuner, who also owns an ohm meter or circuit tester, would volunteer to test their cable and post the results. :cool:

There are many members who can provide support if you require a bit of assistance.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Or, test the pins on the circuit board to try to reverse engineer it. I can see 2 that have traces connected to them. If I had it under the glass and some good light, could probably be done fairly easily.

Also, since it is an OEM discontinued part Holley should probably release the engineering drawings for it.

This drawing may shed some light in this quest

Attachments

• Diablo pinout.jpg
    Diablo pinout.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Or, test the pins on the circuit board to try to reverse engineer it. I can see 2 that have traces connected to them. If I had it under the glass and some good light, could probably be done fairly easily.

Also, since it is an OEM discontinued part Holley should probably release the engineering drawings for it.

This drawing may shed some light in this quest

That looks interesting but I have to wonder if the DB9 connector is for diagnostics of the tuner.

All of the online pics I've seen show the OBDII interface connected to a 16 pin connector.

Then again, it might be worth building the DB9 version as a test. Does that drawing have any references to the Diablo T1000?

I just looked at the picture Vern posted again and I see that there's a 16-pin and an 8-pin connector, but no DB9.

It would be great if they would release a pin-out drawing but I believe Vern asked for the cable and was offered a 25% discount on the latest model.

Vern, you asked for a cable, but did you ask for a pin-out drawing?

That might be worth the effort.

Last edited:

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That looks interesting but I have to wonder if the DB9 connector is for diagnostics of the tuner.

All of the online pics I've seen show the OBDII interface connected to a 16 pin connector.

Then again, it might be worth building the DB9 version as a test. Does that drawing have any references to the Diablo T1000?

It would be great if they would release a pin-out drawing but I believe Vern asked for the cable and was offered a 25% discount on the latest model.

Vern, you asked for a cable, but did you ask for a pin-out drawing?

That might be worth the effort.

I found it interesting, as the pinout from the OBDII cable connected to the canbus. I was just wondering if the Diablo used the same wiring logic, just connected to the 16 pin connector.

I actually just emailed Holley asking about a pinout / engineering drawing for the cable. Not holding my breath waiting on one, but will see what their response is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I contacted both Diablo and Holley , neither was able to provide that to me . Maybe your inquiry will reach a more knowledgeable associate . Thanks for the help.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
With the Diablo T1000 working on several Manufactures and all pins on the OBD2 port soldered in would make sense, since not all manufacturers use the same bus system to communicate. Which use different pins in the OBD2 connector. A pin out or diagram is certainly needed to verify, but is why I was mentioning that this cable may very well be a straight thru one where pin numbers match, 1-1, 2-2, etc.

@Daw14 is there anywhere on the board that indicates a pos(+) or Neg(-) point? Ground on OBD2 is always pins 4 & 5, and positive is always pin 16 with OBD2. If Molex is indeed matching pin numbers, then you could ohm out these pins to another point on the board that indicates the same and might be able to verify at least these connections.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I contacted both Diablo and Holley , neither was able to provide that to me . Maybe your inquiry will reach a more knowledgeable associate . Thanks for the help.
Well, here is Holley's response:

"Bill,

Thank you for contacting DiabloSport!

The T1027 cable has been discontinued and is no longer available. Some resellers, like eBay, may have the cable needed.

We do not offer internal engineering documents to consumers for liability reasons.

Christian Petri | Customer Support | 1-866-404-6141 | www.Holley.com"

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There was just another Diablo post in this forum a day or two ago. Contact that forum member.

Or do a forum search for Diablo ...find a guy and message them if they'll test their cable and make a hand drawing. Keep it as simple as possible.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Vern hit up your local dyno shops that tune via Diablo,they might have an extra cable kicking around for the old T1000,that they might sell you,or at least let you ohm it out

OP
OP
D

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Still no luck ,but looking.