Lower control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aziz2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi All

It is 2015 longhorn with NO/air suspension. The vehicle has 150K miles. Front lower control arms’ bushings need to be replaced.
Everything is stock.

Do not know if it’s ok to replace the bushings or the whole LCAs. Someone told me that If I changed the bushings, they’ll go bad after a year or two at the max. Found Moog bushings at “Rockauto.”
If I should change the whole control arm, I foundMoog and Movetech brands and lots of people seems to lean towards Movetech. Is it better than the Mopar one? Will the Movetech one give me another 150K? And which Movetech? There are 3 types.

Thoughts

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wouldn't hesitate to replace the bushings, esp if you can do it yourself. I've replaced several over the years on classic cars. Never had any fail prematurely. High shop labor rates kind of make it less attractive for a dealer or shop to do. I'd personally go with OEM, but Moog ...if it's not their 'cheap' line should be fine.

One mistake a lot of guys make is tightening the A-arm bushing bolts when the A-arm is at full open extension (like full droop, on jackstands). I've seen a lot of shops do that and it makes no sense to me. Of course it's going to over-stress the rubber once let on the ground. Rather, install the a-arms with the bolts somewhat loose and do the final tightening with the vehicle at normal ride height and the A-arms parallel. Then yer not over-stressing the rubber as they articulate up/down during driving.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
This should have been posted in the exterior section, ask one of the mods to move it.