Lyell’s stainless muffler review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

purcell1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I have been looking for a direct swap muffler for a couple months now. After finding the usual magnaflow and flow masters for an insane 450$ by the time it gets across the border I stumbled upon a new company.
Lyell’s stainless out of Burlington Ontario. They have a few option for our trucks. A stainless direct fit muffler with aluminized steel outside, a full stainless, and a muffler delete. Along with a lot of other different components.

For $129.99 Canadian I couldn’t resist. Ordered it and received it the very next day! I even made a mistake on my order and they fixed that ASAP. Awesome service.

If I did it again I would have ordered the full stainless. However this one is fine.
It bolted up perfect, came with hangers and exhaust clamps, and sounds badass!
I would say it’s on the loud side of a muffler but by no means is it obnoxious. I’ve had magnaflows and flow masters and this is right on par with them.
Anyway, here are a couple videos. There is very minimal drone on highway of any- I really like it!

So there my review, buy local and for you Canadians here is a wicked cheap muffler that sounds great!

https://www.mandrelbending.ca

IMG_2863.jpg
IMG_2864.jpg

This video is under normal acceleration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have been looking for a direct swap muffler for a couple months now. After finding the usual magnaflow and flow masters for an insane 450$ by the time it gets across the border I stumbled upon a new company.
Lyell’s stainless out of Burlington Ontario. They have a few option for our trucks. A stainless direct fit muffler with aluminized steel outside, a full stainless, and a muffler delete. Along with a lot of other different components.

For $129.99 Canadian I couldn’t resist. Ordered it and received it the very next day! I even made a mistake on my order and they fixed that ASAP. Awesome service.

If I did it again I would have ordered the full stainless. However this one is fine.
It bolted up perfect, came with hangers and exhaust clamps, and sounds badass!
I would say it’s on the loud side of a muffler but by no means is it obnoxious. I’ve had magnaflows and flow masters and this is right on par with them.
Anyway, here are a couple videos. There is very minimal drone on highway of any- I really like it!

So there my review, buy local and for you Canadians here is a wicked cheap muffler that sounds great!

https://www.mandrelbending.ca

View attachment 156216
View attachment 156217

This video is under normal acceleration

There's also Flo Pro in Red Deer Alberta.

https://www.flopro.com/mufflers.html

LyellStainless

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
-
Engine
-
So glad you liked it, and appreciate the kind words! Always happy to help.
The videos/photos look great!

We'll be at this years Motorama show in Toronto - if you're local feel free to stop by and say hello!

Cheers

OP
OP
P

purcell1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi

We'll be at this years Motorama show in Toronto - if you're local feel free to stop by and say hello!

Cheers

Will do, I will be there. Thanks again.

Mike Humphreys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Cheers

Is the stainless steel version quieter then the aluminized version? or how do they compare?
Thanks

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is nice sounding muffler.
I found Lyell’s shop
On the web while searching for a “DIY” setup for my exhaust from headers to tips. After searching for a while I saw only cat backs for like $700 up that I kinda liked, not including Y pipe. I searched on Lyell’s site and with their assistance, found a complete kit for around $550.

They have Great product and it’s good to support our shops that are close to home. Plus picking up saves on shipping.

staying_tuned

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Howdy folks, I just installed this exhaust and while it seems fit well, the slip-on clamping seem like an afterthought unless I'm missing something. To keep my tail pipes from being able to freely rotate and slide around I had to basically crush the new pipes over the old ones with enough force on the provided clamps to deform the bridge pieces. I haven't fired it up yet but I can't see how this could NOT leak.

Am I missing something or was this your experience?

lyells_exhaust_clamp.jpg

staying_tuned

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a quick follow-up, heard rattling today and despite crushing the large single pipe with the clamps, it still slides around and rattles. Avoid this exhaust unless you intend on having a shop weld it in, at which point the cost quickly reaches full cat-back.

Waste of money and time for me.

Tipicreeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Installed the Lyell's muffler today. Drilled the clamps off the factory unit, ground down the factory clocking nubs on the three pipes and split the Lyell ends about 3/4" with a cutoff wheel.
Great sound but no drone on the highway! Overall very happy with the product.
One does have to have some basic fabrication tools.

Lyle Longboat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update on my setup... returned as the shop installing said it was to much time and would cost me more for the labour installing piece by piece. The kit has to be cut in pieces and welded together. So... the shop just bent me a stainless steel true dual x pipe exhaust and installed my headers for $1200. I returned the kit I bought to cover most of the exhaust the shop installed.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Update on my setup... returned as the shop installing said it was to much time and would cost me more for the labour installing piece by piece. The kit has to be cut in pieces and welded together. So... the shop just bent me a stainless steel true dual x pipe exhaust and installed my headers for $1200. I returned the kit I bought to cover most of the exhaust the shop installed.

If you're looking for a Canuck based outfit to support Lyle,Flo Pro is Alberta based and they make some pretty decent mufflers etc.,plus they have the biggest mandrel bender in Canada.

FLO~PRO Performance Exhaust - Official Site

FLO~PRO - Canadian Dealers

Lyle Longboat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My shop is right down the road from
My Parent’s house (born and raised) and I went to school with the owner lol. I can’t get any more local then that. Hamilton (Lyell’s) is 30 mins drive from my parents.

Lyle Longboat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7