Magnaflow 16869 Kit Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Two Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM RCSB Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good day,

I am about to buy a Magnaflow exhaust kit, but a I have a few questions first.

When looking at the 16869 kit it says it is for the crew cab and extended cab models and they don't appear to have one designed for the regular cab short box, which I have. Is this just an oversight and will it fit my truck?

Just looking to see if anyone with a regular cab short box has successfully installed this kit.

Thanks!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Good day,

I am about to buy a Magnaflow exhaust kit, but a I have a few questions first.

When looking at the 16869 kit it says it is for the crew cab and extended cab models and they don't appear to have one designed for the regular cab short box, which I have. Is this just an oversight and will it fit my truck?

Just looking to see if anyone with a regular cab short box has successfully installed this kit.

Thanks!
If I remember right,you'll have to shorten the pipe extension. Been awhile since I put one on my truck,but I think I had to shorten the intermediate pipe

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Is their a reason you are getting a whole kit and not just whatever muffler you want? Factory exhaust is stainless already. Just curious.its your money you can buy what you prefer.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
I have a 03 Ram 5.7. I thought you would may find my experience with the Magnaflow muffler helpful. In 04 or 05 I replaced the factory 500lb muffler with a magnaflow application specific muffler. Got the dreaded hemi harmonics and resonance in the cab. It was like having a head cold all year. In 06 or 07 Flowmaster came out with what they said was a engineered Hemi specific high flow muffler. Guaranteed no cab harmonics when installed properly. Had my tech order and install. Cost was around $350 or $400 parts and labor. Solved the problem and I still had the outside exhaust sound I wanted.