Magnuson Or Edelbrock Supercharger?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I'm still wondering how the SRT Charger HELLCAT will look since the new design looks like the damn Dart.
Still rumors right now if there will be a hellcat charger. Yeah it makes total sense to make one but no facts yet.

I agree they messed up the looks on the 2015 charger. Hope it looks better in person.

weren't you the one raving about L&M trans or MGH trans about a year and a half ago before you ever got one?!?! saying that that transmission was going to bullet proof ??? and now 3-4 transmissions later, whats your further review of them? lol jk, just busting your balls man

Oh, don't bust his balls about trannys. He will get his feelings hurt...:roflsquared::roflsquared::roflsquared::roflsquared::roflsquared:

nolimits76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thinking if you went through 5 transmissions, you have the wrong f*cking builder!

Putting 450-550hp to the wheels may be cool on a Ram, but too many other applications running much more power and lasting.

Have you tried Paramount Performance? Rave reviews in the LX/LC community.

MGRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BRH is using another builder that is reputable and has built 100's of these transmission.

Some just just cut all ties to dodge and go the simpler non dodge route to going fast, save a lot of money going this route ;)

kschaefer426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
since this turned into a trans thread anyone have any issues with the sharadon stage 3 transmission for these trucks?

Redhemi03

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 and 2013
Engine
5.7 in both
they are big in the 3rd gen world but plenty of ppl have blown them up. i have a sharadon stage 3 valve body and it firmed up the shifts but didn't hep times at the track at all, theres some that say they are great and ive had others come to me and say they will chop my man parts off if i ever bought one lol

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
they are big in the 3rd gen world but plenty of ppl have blown them up. i have a sharadon stage 3 valve body and it firmed up the shifts but didn't hep times at the track at all, theres some that say they are great and ive had others come to me and say they will chop my man parts off if i ever bought one lol

^^^ Hmm, sounds like a tough choice... Lol!

kschaefer426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
I've got the stage 3 valve body in mine, PML tranny pan and running amsoil synthetics but if i hurt my engine due to the ****** ripp tune i plan on building a stroker and having around 550 hp/tq at the rear wheels so id rather not pay 3 grand for a tranny thats gonna blow before i make it to the track haha

Redhemi03

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 and 2013
Engine
5.7 in both
yea no ****!!!!^^^^^ lol, before you get to the track or shortly after!! im fortunate, i have no trans tuning at all on my 03 and still run low 8's in my QC. I normally get 25-40 track visits at 5 to 6 passes a night before i start feeling my transmissions start slipping , and most of that is due to highway pulls on the way back from the track. damn overdrive clutches get me every time;) lol. in the market for a junk yard trans right now if anybody hears of one:)

kschaefer426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
can't complain about the number of passes your getting!...sorry for jacking your thread i just re opened my build thread back up so i can ask ?'s on there..i personally like the maggie system over the edelbrock

MGRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well he built one of them I think..lol

Yup but it actually hasn't confirmed to have failed, transmission temps where getting too high so he parked it before damage or possible further damaged occurred, could be a good possibility the trans cooler is plugged causing the high temps.
This what came out of my cooler when my L&M trans failed(which is now gone for warranty repair)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403210608.725730.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403210621.927024.jpg

Also at least BRH gets his hands dirty working on his own stuff.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Yup but it actually hasn't confirmed to have failed, transmission temps where getting too high so he parked it before damage or possible further damaged occurred, could be a good possibility the trans cooler is plugged causing the high temps.
This what came out of my cooler when my L&M trans failed(which is now gone for warranty repair)View attachment 30881View attachment 30882

Damn, that's nasty

That sounds bad If the trans cooler is plugged? From Clutch material?

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
This what came out of my cooler when my L&M trans failed(which is now gone for warranty repair)View attachment 30881View attachment 30882

Holy crap that's ugly!!!

MGRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks to be friction material, oil out of trans had metal flake in it.
Also TC was seized on the pump
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403211698.415364.jpg

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Your TC, is that the single or the triple?

hemidup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 6.4 Hemi
Magnuson all the way. The only issue that I've seen is that the intercooler is too close to the bottom of the manifold (3/8" clearance) which restricts the air flow and also creates unwanted heat. I know a guy who makes phenolic spacers just for the Hemi/Magnuson combo which come in 1/2" or 1" thicknesses and with all the engine room in a Ram you could also stack them to your desired thickness. These spacers have been proven to drop air temps in the LS world.

As far as a transmission? A stock transmission will hold to around 400 rwhp before you will need an upgrade. A transmission tune? Stay away...far away when boosted. My best luck has been with Superchips and is just used to raise my shift points, rev limit and tire size.

kschaefer426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Magnuson all the way. The only issue that I've seen is that the intercooler is too close to the bottom of the manifold (3/8" clearance) which restricts the air flow and also creates unwanted heat. I know a guy who makes phenolic spacers just for the Hemi/Magnuson combo which come in 1/2" or 1" thicknesses and with all the engine room in a Ram you could also stack them to your desired thickness. These spacers have been proven to drop air temps in the LS world.

As far as a transmission? A stock transmission will hold to around 400 rwhp before you will need an upgrade. A transmission tune? Stay away...far away when boosted. My best luck has been with Superchips and is just used to raise my shift points, rev limit and tire size.

supercharged 6.4 stroker??? yellow rumble bee?