Map update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maniac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello everyone. I come from the BMW community so sorry if this has been brought up or is dumb.

Are map updates vin locked or something? Why do we not share them? Why has nobody taken the maps and modified them?

When I had my BMW there was a guy who 1 had all the new maps available, and he also combined them with something else which showed us where all the red light cams were and speed traps.

Is there anything like that available on this platform?

Thanks! Delete if I’m not allowed to ask this.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello everyone. I come from the BMW community so sorry if this has been brought up or is dumb.

Are map updates vin locked or something? Why do we not share them? Why has nobody taken the maps and modified them?

When I had my BMW there was a guy who 1 had all the new maps available, and he also combined them with something else which showed us where all the red light cams were and speed traps.

Is there anything like that available on this platform?

Thanks! Delete if I’m not allowed to ask this.
Not VIN locked but serial number locked. The updates are sent out for a specific serial number and firmware level. Most haven't given it much thought since CarPlay and Android Auto became an option as the map updates offered are too expensive and up until last year about 2-3 years out of date.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517