McGaughy’s 2/4 Drop kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isaacapo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
SOS .. I ordered the McGaughy’s 2/4 deluxe drop kit. When I received my order only two springs came in with the kit and the springs read REAR on them. Am I missing the front springs or does this kit work so I don’t need new front springs??

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
SOS .. I ordered the McGaughy’s 2/4 deluxe drop kit. When I received my order only two springs came in with the kit and the springs read REAR on them. Am I missing the front springs or does this kit work so I don’t need new front springs??

Didn't it come with a set of drop spindles?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
It did come with the spindles

You don't have to replace the stock front springs with the spindles,as the drop is in the spindle itself.Changing spindles is easier then changing springs

OP
OP
isaacapo

isaacapo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so I have the drop spindles, will I be ok if I replace my shocks to 2/4 drop shocks even though I didn’t replace the springs?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
so I have the drop spindles, will I be ok if I replace my shocks to 2/4 drop shocks even though I didn’t replace the springs?

Leave the stock shocks in place,drop shocks and drop spindles don't mix.I have a feeling the drop spindles are confusing you,lol.They don't change the front ends geometery like a spring drop does,what they do is move the spindle mount up higher in relation to the lower ball joint.The tire actually rides higher in relation to the lower ball joint which is your locating point to measure from.Everything besides the spindle itself stays the same when you use dropped spindles

OP
OP
isaacapo

isaacapo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yeah never knew what spindles were until you told me and I looked them up. I feel kind of stupid though because I had already bought the belltech 2/4 street performance shocks. Unaware that the lowering kit I got came with spindles instead of a spring type set up. So you would recommend leaving the front shocks stock and then replacing the rear shocks with the belltech ones?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
yeah never knew what spindles were until you told me and I looked them up. I feel kind of stupid though because I had already bought the belltech 2/4 street performance shocks. Unaware that the lowering kit I got came with spindles instead of a spring type set up. So you would recommend leaving the front shocks stock and then replacing the rear shocks with the belltech ones?

That's what i'd do,then the truck will drive and steer just like it does now unlowered.Drop shocks for the rear are needed though.

Texjim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I believe the spindles move the wheels out 1/2 inch if that is a concern