Melted Battery Terminal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

njjeff201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque Hemi
I hope your new battery works out. But you said next day it wouldn’t start? Longest I got was 9 years out of a Mitsubishi battery (original). Don’t remember whose name was on it but I kept it full. Some batteries claim sealed while you can still pop top off for adding water. Think the newer ones are actually sealed. Good luck!!!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would separate that nut on the backside of your terminal, loosen the nut on the post and try and break it loose with a pair of vice grips. You can replace the post itself and then just replace the terminal. That is at least how I would approach it.

njjeff201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque Hemi
Good idea... they also sell tge red/green felt rings but you have to install those under the cables

njjeff201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque Hemi
Treburkulosus... replacing the terminal means the entire cable. Breaking the battery post means new battery. Aftermarket battery cable ends are trash!!! Will work temporarily but... I don’t trust em. Will definitely corrode eventually & poor for handling the current

njjeff201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque Hemi
Nasty corrosion. Did you clean with baking soda & water?? Blow dry?

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have never had any issues with replacement terminals, but I also live in the south, so no rust issues or corrosion issues. According to auto zone and I wouldn't buy from them, but quick search has replacement post. I have replaced them on other vehicles. Yes in theory replace it with OEM and then a new battery. If the battery is still good why replace it?

https://www.autozone.com/batteries-...V7DizAB2FxwmfEAQYASABEgLvrfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You guys should actually read some of the posts,he's got it running again,and has put a new battery in the truck.Everything you guys are suggesting was already suggested awhile ago.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
You guys should actually read some of the posts,he's got it running again,and has put a new battery in the truck.Everything you guys are suggesting was already suggested awhile ago.
It seems alot of people read the first post, skip the 10 pages after that and post a reply.

OP
OP
T Jones

T Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nasty corrosion. Did you clean with baking soda & water?? Blow dry?
Just a wire brush. They cleaned up pretty easy. I also used felt washers and sprayed the terminals with a red anti corrosive. It's been starting up with no issues at all since I replaced the old battery with my new AGM, as suggested by everyone who responded.

OP
OP
T Jones

T Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol...