Moe’s or Greene Cam?? Garage Floor Racing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can’t seem to find anything specific to my situation.
‘13 Express 5.7 6spd.
Will I need to upgrade the converter with the Moe’s HPT cam?
Greene’s .5 hl cam states I do not.
Any comparison between the two?
Moe’s also offers a discounted HF tune with cam package, which is nice considering this is at minimum a $4k job.
Any info appreciated.

Also gonna ask about Garage Floor Racing cams. I noticed they offer a cam without the requirement of spring, pushrods, or a convertor. Anyone have any experience with their beat box cam?

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO Moe's offers the best products and most importantly, service after the sale. Moe's is a preferred vendor on this site and has been for a number of years. They also have people from across the US come to Conroe where they are located to install the products they sell.
Jay

OP
OP
1SloRam

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMHO Moe's offers the best products and most importantly, service after the sale. Moe's is a preferred vendor on this site and has been for a number of years. They also have people from across the US come to Conroe where they are located to install the products they sell.
Jay
Trying to see if I need a Comp phaser or convertor for sure before I go with Moe’s. Thank you for the info.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
You will need stall with Moe's HPT cam with that 65RFE so your not really getting a discount if you have to buy stall convertor.
Will need to lock phaser on that HPT cam but not Greene cam.
Gear ratio will make a difference also & I bet you have the 3.55 with that 6-speed.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Matt at Moe's can help you pair up the correct converter with whichever cam you decide on.
Jay

OP
OP
1SloRam

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will need stall with Moe's HPT cam with that 65RFE so your not really getting a discount if you have to buy stall convertor.
Will need to lock phaser on that HPT cam but not Greene cam.
Gear ratio will make a difference also & I bet you have the 3.55 with that 6-speed.
Yes I do. Truck is a DD, had lifter failure at 90k mi. Not tryna turn it into a track truck, just some thump and bottom end gains and getting back on the road.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Yes I do. Truck is a DD, had lifter failure at 90k mi. Not tryna turn it into a track truck, just some thump and bottom end gains and getting back on the road.
You will be disappointed with just the cam change on the bottom end,from a dig off the line, stall would help, gear change would be best for that 6-speed
The Stage .5 HL v2 is a 205/222 .58x/.58x
Powerband is 2500-6300

The Moe's cam powerband should be said to be this 2900-6200 on the stage1 per someone in the know which isn't me...LoL

If you didn't want to put money in a stall or gears I would go with the Texas Speed GFR cam.

Last edited:
OP
OP
1SloRam

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will be disappointed with just the cam change on the bottom end,from a dig off the line, stall would help, gear change would be best for that 6-speed
The Stage .5 HL v2 is a 205/222 .58x/.58x
Powerband is 2500-6300

The Moe's cam powerband should be said to be this 2900-6200 on the stage1 per someone in the know which isn't me...LoL

If you didn't want to put money in a stall or gears I would go with the Texas Speed GRC cam.
Looking like I’m going with a Texas Speed custom ground cam. I don’t dig much, nobody on the street likes to. It’s all rolls these days here. Eventually I’ll get a TC, but found a cam I can run without needing one immediately.
I doubt I ever change gears, my 3.55’s haven’t let me down yet.

whats GRC?

Last edited:

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Everything I read said the .5 JG cam is best suited for a DD truck.
The JG .5 cam came highly recommended by others locally to me and on here.

OP
OP
1SloRam

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Everything I read said the .5 JG cam is best suited for a DD truck.
The JG .5 cam came highly recommended by others locally to me and on here.
I’ve heard good things about it too. Thinking of trying something new. let me know how the cam works out for you man.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Looking like I’m going with a Texas Speed custom ground cam. I don’t dig much, nobody on the street likes to. It’s all rolls these days here. Eventually I’ll get a TC, but found a cam I can run without needing one immediately.
I doubt I ever change gears, my 3.55’s haven’t let me down yet.

whats GRC?
GRC was a fat fingered typo.......GFR

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Yes that was mentioned, but I planned on that with any cam install. Interesting with that cam profile it could run OEM springs tho.
It seems to have less lift with more duration than the .5 Greene cam.
Curious what Comp Cams does to Greene cam to prevent phaser lock/limiter

OP
OP
1SloRam

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It seems to have less lift with more duration than the .5 Greene cam.
Curious what Comp Cams does to Greene cam to prevent phaser lock/limiter
Those were answers I did not directly receive a response to. I’m going to call TSP today , they make the cam were speaking of, and see what the truth is.

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Can’t seem to find anything specific to my situation.
‘13 Express 5.7 6spd.
Will I need to upgrade the converter with the Moe’s HPT cam?
Greene’s .5 hl cam states I do not.
Any comparison between the two?
Moe’s also offers a discounted HF tune with cam package, which is nice considering this is at minimum a $4k job.
Any info appreciated.

Also gonna ask about Garage Floor Racing cams. I noticed they offer a cam without the requirement of spring, pushrods, or a convertor. Anyone have any experience with their beat box cam?
Depends who your tuned by
Jay will NOT tune GFR cams
Hemifever probably will

Jay also has Low lift cams which dont require anything but the cam (lifters are recommended for quiet valvetrain)
.5 cam i believe you can use stock pushrods but should upgrade springs to at least the Mopar performance ones

I have an 8 speed and am ordering his 1.5 low lift sleeper cam as it doesn't require a phase limiter or lock and also makes the most of his new 1.5 low lift line... im not looking to break records and don't care for much of a thump just a reliable cam and daily that gets beat on from time to time

Also consider your exhaust set up... are you doing headers or not?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

OP
OP
1SloRam

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depends who your tuned by
Jay will NOT tune GFR cams
Hemifever probably will

Jay also has Low lift cams which dont require anything but the cam (lifters are recommended for quiet valvetrain)
.5 cam i believe you can use stock pushrods but should upgrade springs to at least the Mopar performance ones

I have an 8 speed and am ordering his 1.5 low lift sleeper cam as it doesn't require a phase limiter or lock and also makes the most of his new 1.5 low lift line... im not looking to break records and don't care for much of a thump just a reliable cam and daily that gets beat on from time to time

Also consider your exhaust set up... are you doing headers or not?

Thanks for the input. I knew Jay wouldn’t tune any other cams, heard all of that drama already. Only reason I’m not going with his kit is it’s not a complete kit.
TSP sells entire kits, all that’s left to buy are fluids and tuning.
Piecing together your own kit is tough right now with low quantities and lower quality control.
You may want to look into MDS delete, actual plugs not just a tuner to disable it. I also need lifters anyway because mine seized.
Good luck with your cam man!

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input. I knew Jay wouldn’t tune any other cams, heard all of that drama already. Only reason I’m not going with his kit is it’s not a complete kit.
TSP sells entire kits, all that’s left to buy are fluids and tuning.
Piecing together your own kit is tough right now with low quantities and lower quality control.
You may want to look into MDS delete, actual plugs not just a tuner to disable it. I also need lifters anyway because mine seized.
Good luck with your cam man!
I thought about the tsp kit but don't wanna get into the phaser or having to buy a tool to do the valve springs as ill be doing mine on my own...all gaskets and bolts on rock auto is like 200 bucks... cam is 725 and non mds hellcat lifters 500 through my dealer so not bad about 1500 all in for parts and have fluids already.

OP
OP
1SloRam

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought about the tsp kit but don't wanna get into the phaser or having to buy a tool to do the valve springs as ill be doing mine on my own...all gaskets and bolts on rock auto is like 200 bucks... cam is 725 and non mds hellcat lifters 500 through my dealer so not bad about 1500 all in for parts and have fluids already.

Not bad broken down that way. Can’t you PM me links or list for rock auto?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Docbull