Moe's Ported Intake Manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Just track testing on this first one. We will be porting the stock one that I just took off the blue truck though, and that one will go on a dyno.

Tat2hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dam,there a lot more meat in there than I expected. How tough of a job is it Matt? Also what extras are involved ? Intake seals,fuel injector o-rings?etc....

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
would you need custom tuning with this? Obviously to get a full affect it would be good to have it.

i think we're all very interested in this, depending on price for power.

Probably go nice with a nice ported tb, intake, headers. If only cams were easier to work with lol

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know Peak Speed Shop in Colorado ports the 5.7 & 6.4 intakes for the cars & claims of up to 18hp gains can be seen. Idk how different those manifolds are from ours but hopefully we can see some similar numbers, maybe...

They claim 12-18hp gains for the GM truck manifolds. They also port throttle bodys.

Last edited:

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Sweet....

I thought our intakes were pretty good to begin with....

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh ok, i never really looked to see if the gains Peak claimed were true. I have a 02 SS Camaro, so for me i was just going straight to the FAST manifold at the time....

But hopefully there are some gains here that'll make it worth doing.

Cowboy345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really interested in this mod, I bet a 6.1 intake would bolt up some work.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Really interested in this mod, I bet a 6.1 intake would bolt up some work.

problem is the throttle body location is different ours goes on top. 6.1/6.4 goes in front

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If i remember correctly, the 6.1 intake kills low end power on our trucks unless you are boosted. Unbroken had it on his old single cab procharged Ram.

I know it bolts right up, just have to move & modify stuff around to work with it.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow - look at that flash at the intake ports!

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If i remember correctly, the 6.1 intake kills low end power on our trucks unless you are boosted. Unbroken had it on his old single cab procharged Ram.

I know it bolts right up, just have to move & modify stuff around to work with it.

There's not any gains with the 6.1 intake.

That's one of the reason the 5.7 hemi in the trucks has more HP than the car HEMI's. Bigger and better intake intake.

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah i know it doesn't give any gains. Its a top end intake. But if someone wants to do it, might as well let them know it can be done but low end powers gonna suffer with a n/a motor.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah i know it doesn't give any gains. Its a top end intake. But if someone wants to do it, might as well let them know it can be done but low end powers gonna suffer with a n/a motor.

I knew you understood that's why I didn't quote you.

and yes I would buy a FAST intake in a heart beat..lol

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci

Very true. I built my '07 as a top-end truck with a mid-high rpm custom cam and was running the 6.1L manifold because the truck's manifold would crap out at 5400rpm even on the Eagle heads and I was shifting at 6400rpm on the bottle. I'm now running the 6.1L on my '09 but that's because the Nylon6 manifold won't handle 13+ psi for very long before it separates. My manifold is ported and will accept a 90mm TB but I'm running an 85mm N2O plate and 80mm TB so it's at least a stepped expansion which doesn't matter much with the blower.

I would have to see bench flow and dyno/track results before I can pass judgement on porting the nylon manifold as there hasn't been any real gains shown so far on the 6.4L aside from what the guys doing the porting are saying and I won't believe that because they have a motivation for people to get the service.

Last edited: