more diablosport problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ripping r

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Make sure the PCM is fully plugged in and that nothing is loose. I have seen customers with somewhat similar problems and then they found the a plug not fully seated.

it may just need to do a learn cycle and it should run better. If not I would return to stock and see if it runs ok then. If it runs good on stock tune but not on customer tune i would talk to your tuner. If it runs rough on stock tune I would talk to diablo about the PCM possibly being bad.
I did it just like you said. runs good on stock tune. runs like **** on any of the caned tunes.It has been back to the dealer for a flash to stock. diablos idea. i dought any amount of relearn will fix the idle. i am going to see if they will take this junk back and i will get a edge pulsar.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Well, you did make a deal with El Diablo. Sometimes those deals don't work out. :D

Kayakbiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That totally sucks.
My swap went good. Truck runs so much better and smoother than stock. I am trilled with the i3.
I’d have them send you another ecu and try again.

OP
OP
ripping r

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
That totally sucks.
My swap went good. Truck runs so much better and smoother than stock. I am trilled with the i3.
I’d have them send you another ecu and try again.
No way they have had there chance. Im done being a guinea pig. It seams to be a 6.4 thing. even hemifever wont touch it.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
No way they have had there chance. Im done being a guinea pig. It seams to be a 6.4 thing. even hemifever wont touch it.

Did you ever consider HP instead,it's a far better tuning platform then Diablo's CMR platform.Diablo has had it's share of problems for years,while very few guys have issues with HP.

OP
OP
ripping r

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Did you ever consider HP instead,it's a far better tuning platform then Diablo's CMR platform.Diablo has had it's share of problems for years,while very few guys have issues with HP.
I dont know who hp is. this is my first gas truck tuning. before this it was all diesels.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
OP
OP
ripping r

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
well unless hp can use my i3. it looks like im stuck with it. since i did a pcm swap ill loose money if i just return the tuner and i have to keep the unlocked pcm. since mine is in a pile in florida. and looks like i get to be dibalos test monkey. to figure out what the problems are.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
well unless hp can use my i3. it looks like im stuck with it. since i did a pcm swap ill loose money if i just return the tuner and i have to keep the unlocked pcm. since mine is in a pile in florida. and looks like i get to be dibalos test monkey. to figure out what the problems are.

I think you can use a laptop if you've got one around the home.

OP
OP
ripping r

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I think you can use a laptop if you've got one around the home.
I have emailed hp. no phone number for them. I found out edge is the same company as diablo so i wont be be buying any thing else from them. and the i3 will be in the for sale section soon. not that i would buy it.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
OP
OP
ripping r

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Thanks. I got a hold of them and this hole thing is a mess. I will have to have HPtuners unlock the pcm again with there stuff. So looking at cost and reliability im better off buying a new stock pcm and have the dealer flash it and sell the i3 and pcm and try amd get a little money back. Lesson learned i will leave it stock from now on. If i ever do anything to again it will the pulsar so i can remove it with no damage to the truck. Diablo has been ok other than they wont give me my money back or swap me for a pulsar so i wont do any more business with them.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had some troubles with my Diablo i2. They had me send it in to be serviced once, but I still had troubles with it. They then traded my old unit for a new one. When I got the new one I found they upgraded me to the i3 at no charge to me. Their hours customer service line seem limited to me, but the rep was helpful. I was very unimpressed with the canned tunes. Getting a custom tune is what makes the device useful. I will continue to use it with custom tunes. I do agree that the user interface leaves a lot to be desired and the device isn’t for everyone.

OP
OP
ripping r

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I had some troubles with my Diablo i2. They had me send it in to be serviced once, but I still had troubles with it. They then traded my old unit for a new one. When I got the new one I found they upgraded me to the i3 at no charge to me. Their hours customer service line seem limited to me, but the rep was helpful. I was very unimpressed with the canned tunes. Getting a custom tune is what makes the device useful. I will continue to use it with custom tunes. I do agree that the user interface leaves a lot to be desired and the device isn’t for everyone.
I here ya. they sent me to the dealer to have the unlocked pcm reflashed because it was wrong from them. the first tuner i3 went bad they sent me a new one and the tunes on it make the truck run like ****.and im not sure there is not still a problem with the pcm.all this just so i did not have to manualy select my gear to tune off mds. and to get a custom tune i will have to put out close to a 1000 again. like starting over. to go with HP. hemifever wont even touch it.

Last edited:

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I here ya. the sent me to the dealer to have the unlocked pcm reflashed because it was wrong from them. the first tuner i3 went bad they sent me a new one and the tunes on it make the truck run like ****.and im not sure there is not still a problem with the pcm.all this just so i did not have to manualy select my gear to tune off mds. and to get a custom tune i will have to put out close to a 1000 again. like starting over. to go with HP. hemifever wont even touch it.

That’s too bad. Have you contacted Jay Greene about a tune? He has a good rep with custom tunes and other engine mods.

OP
OP
ripping r

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
That’s too bad. Have you contacted Jay Greene about a tune? He has a good rep with custom tunes and other engine mods.
No i have not tried him. I did here he is really had to get a hold of.

OP
OP
ripping r

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Good news for me. finely got a hold of someone that would help get me out of this mess. and there going to send me an edge pulsar and i can return the diablo i3. so i hope my running problems are over. i know i cant do as much but if it works i dont care.