Morimoto XB LED Headlights INSTALLED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was thinking of buying a set of these,mine is a 2015 ram.Maybe I should hold off for a while?

Yeah, hold off for, well, eternity. If they don’t have the issues worked out by now, it doesn’t bode well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They do look amazing... I will say that much

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ended up getting a set. Figured i'd give it a try. Have the F150 ones from the early release and they have been perfect on the wife's truck.

Anyway, the lights work fine and look good. Put out about the same light as my 35w GTS HID setup so no complaints. Only complaint is the passenger side light doesn't fit in quite right. It's not bad but it could fit better. Reached out to the vendor about it and they were going to contact The Retrofit Source. I also contacted them and haven't got a response. Will try Morimoto directly next. If they can resolve that then i'm happy as long as they hold up.

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
reached out to the vendor about it and they were going to contact The Retrofit Source. I also contacted them and haven't got a response. Will try Morimoto directly next. If they can resolve that then i'm happy as long as they hold up.

Retrofit Source = Morimoto I thought?

Also, I think everyone had great lights at first. Sun blistering took some time to develop. I also have a dim DRL now.. [emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryanw17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone, I’ve been looking at this forum the last few days and I didn’t see this particular problem but I figured I would ask. I just installed these lights on my 2015 Ram 1500 Sport and everything works fine except the turn signals hyper flash on my dash and only on my side view mirrors. My headlights work fine and don’t hyper flash and my tail lights work fine and don’t hyper flash. Does anyone know what I could possibly do to fix this? Thank you in advance! I have also reached out to Morimoto/TRS. Waiting on a response.

bebop86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guys- I have a 2015 2500 with a 6 inch lift- -what is the best headlights to get to give me light on the road- with the lift I have very little light going there -Was going to get the morimoto but am a little scared now that I have read everything- How good is the AlphaRex lights?- thanks

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Guys- I have a 2015 2500 with a 6 inch lift- -what is the best headlights to get to give me light on the road- with the lift I have very little light going there -Was going to get the morimoto but am a little scared now that I have read everything- How good is the AlphaRex lights?- thanks

First thing, have you adjusted your headlights down? No upgrade is going to do you any good if they are aimed for a factory height

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Hey everyone, I’ve been looking at this forum the last few days and I didn’t see this particular problem but I figured I would ask. I just installed these lights on my 2015 Ram 1500 Sport and everything works fine except the turn signals hyper flash on my dash and only on my side view mirrors. My headlights work fine and don’t hyper flash and my tail lights work fine and don’t hyper flash. Does anyone know what I could possibly do to fix this? Thank you in advance! I have also reached out to Morimoto/TRS. Waiting on a response.
I believe u need to disconnect the blue wires that activates the Audi like diretionals.!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Oh man, what a drag. I found these lights earlier today and I was ready to make a purchase. Ah, then I found this thread! Geez, what a buzz kill!

Reddington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine have been on about a year and the only flaw they have is that small 1" burn mark. But, they are being replaced in the very near future for free with whatever the newest version is due to this manufacturing flaw (I have held off on replacing them due to the winter here and not wanting to change them out in freezing temps). The light output (for my eyes, in my opinion, etc etc) has been a significant improvement over stock quads - it is not even close.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
If you guys keep this it up, I may have to get a set after all!

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you guys keep this it up, I may have to get a set after all!
Fewer happy with them compared to those who’ve had problems. And I know the company’s initial customer service reaction came off a little ****** at first.

Considering the price and rate of issues I’ve stayed away even though I agree they’re nice looking. But for the price they have to operate flawless and look flawless imo.

Have you read thru the whole thread on the lights from everyone who’s got a set? I’m in the same boat as you....wishing they came out and people didn’t have all kinds of issues so that I could’ve felt more confident spending the money.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Yes. I read through them all. Many were just opinions thrown out about: like too expensive, should work flawlessly, etc.
Seems the ‘15 model year has had the most issues with integration to the truck. I currently have an ‘18 2500 Limited.
Some had loose or misaligned projectors. Some had melting in a small area. And if anyone remembers, the ‘15 Sport projector headlights were all black. Ram discontinued the 1st all black versions after the paint was starting to bubble up on the reflector area. I guess they weren’t “flawless” either!
I also have the AlphaOBD and have used that to change some things on my truck. Most were done almost a year ago.
So I still would like to get these thinking with the AlphaOBD, I’d be able to integrate them. Just don’t want loose or misaligned headlights or the hassle of returning for another set. Still on the fence.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could also look into these. I think they look a 10x better than the morimoto...and they put out better light.

think they’re also a couple hundred $$ cheaper? But don’t quote me on that.

It’s funny because the morimo looks more modern than our factory headlights.....but the 4 projector AlphRex lamps make the morimoto look like last years model IMO lol.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
You could also look into these. I think they look a 10x better than the morimoto...and they put out better light.

think they’re also a couple hundred $$ cheaper? But don’t quote me on that.

It’s funny because the morimo looks more modern than our factory headlights.....but the 4 projector AlphRex lamps make the morimoto look like last years model IMO lol.

Those are Nice.