Morimoto XB LED Headlights INSTALLED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes. I read through them all. Many were just opinions thrown out about: like too expensive, should work flawlessly, etc.
Seems the ‘15 model year has had the most issues with integration to the truck. I currently have an ‘18 2500 Limited.
Some had loose or misaligned projectors. Some had melting in a small area. And if anyone remembers, the ‘15 Sport projector headlights were all black. Ram discontinued the 1st all black versions after the paint was starting to bubble up on the reflector area. I guess they weren’t “flawless” either!
I also have the AlphaOBD and have used that to change some things on my truck. Most were done almost a year ago.
So I still would like to get these thinking with the AlphaOBD, I’d be able to integrate them. Just don’t want loose or misaligned headlights or the hassle of returning for another set. Still on the fence.

The problems people had were not opinions.

Loose projectors, housings melting, wires being mislabeled, dead DRL’s, DRL’s that were imbalanced(one brighter), fogged lenses that didn’t go away (even though the documentation says they should), issues with alignment screw breaking, issues with fitment, issues with lights losing brightness quickly... should I go on? I spoke with a LOT of people on here, Youtube as well as the F-150 / Tundra forum when I was researching the issues and it was across the board.

Yes, for $1600, the failure rate should have been less than 5%. Last I had checked the poll, more than 50% of respondents had issues.

I’m on my third set under a year and these are the best set I’ve received yet. So far lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Anybody get the news ones yet?

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Wow,new ones are meant to have black shrouds to stop the melting

BrewCrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Honestly i have a bit of "melting" on both. Its so minimal it really doesn't bother me. Aside from that I love these headlights...

In my mind, anything aftermarket is generally a bit of a compromise.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
I will have to get another pic somewhere there isn't a shop light. But can you tell from the pic how the left light is brighter and a different color than the right headlight?20200609_213109.jpg

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
Your lights need to be aligned

They were but then I had to swap a headlight out and just never got around to aligning them again. See the difference tho other than the alignment issue

KWG88ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They were but then I had to swap a headlight out and just never got around to aligning them again. See the difference tho other than the alignment issue

Hmmm yeah I do see it. It’s hard cause of alignment but the left is def brightee

Joemagnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I got a replacement light a while back also and it’s the same thing. Little different colour and not as bright

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
If you don’t have the AlfaOBD software right now, I suggest reading up a bit on it. Everything you need to know about it is in the very first post in this thread- https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

Once you have it, these are the settings to change:

DRL configuration >optional

DRL lamp location > dedicated

DRL dropout enabled > yes

CBC I/O right dedicated DRL lamp output present> yes (should be yes already)

CBC I/O left dedicated DRL lamp output present > yes (should be yes already)

LED dedicated DRL present> yes

ECUConfig 3 DRL customer setting enable> yes

CustSetMenu 1 daytime running lights CSM> yes

This will make the upper and lower white strip come on as DRLs whenever the headlights or parking lights are not on, the truck is in any gear besides park, and the emergency brake is not engaged. The upper and lower strip will shut off on the side that the turn signal is being used. There will be an on/off setting for it in the radio settings.

When you install the XB headlights, you will hook them up using the Canadian truck instructions.

Mine came with factory halogens,I changed them out for tyc projectors with hids from retro fit.Now I have the xb headlights.I can't seem to get the drl to work.I think I have most of these settings here changed like this,The first one though I set it to Canadian,I will change it to optional.The ecuconfig 3 drl customer setting it would not let me change.I will try again.I put the fuse tap in and it didn't work either,maybe because truck is set to Canadian.I had the fog lights as drl before.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Mine came with factory halogens,I changed them out for tyc projectors with hids from retro fit.Now I have the xb headlights.I can't seem to get the drl to work.I think I have most of these settings here changed like this,The first one though I set it to Canadian,I will change it to optional.The ecuconfig 3 drl customer setting it would not let me change.I will try again.I put the fuse tap in and it didn't work either,maybe because truck is set to Canadian.I had the fog lights as drl before.
I had to look back at my post you quoted, and it was a reply to someone who had factory projectors. Yours did not come with projectors (I’m assuming by factory halogens, you mean the quad headlights), so it doesn’t have the dedicated DRL wires. Those settings won’t apply to you, and you’ll have to use the fuse tap.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Thanks Jimmy,I tried the fuse tap but nothing happened.It should be automatic when I put truck in gear right?Mine had the quads.I separated the plugs for the canadian set up,am I meant to plug into this when I separate them as I plugged into another one first and then separated the canadian set up.

Last edited:

chadfeeg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
2012 ram 3500
I’ve had mine for a few weeks now and just noticed a problem. The switch for my lights works fine in park, but when I put it in drive my high beams come on. They come on with each setting except when I put my lights in the on position. I’m just now starting to research this and made it through about 15 pages on the forum and couldn’t take it anymore. There’s way too many posts about these lights.

And anyone that feels the need to give me **** for not reading all the posts, remember it’s 38 pages.

Did you ever figure this out?

Last edited: