Most Agressive tires with no "road roar"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
So if the weather clears here I'm gonna level and put bigger tires on. I like the look I just don't want the road noise. The terra grapplers from what I hear don't roar but I like the trail grap look. What are you running and hows the noise?

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
the Toyo MT's aren't overly loud. radio on low and I can still hear it..

Ramguy65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going with the Trail Grapplers. I know a few guys running them and they say the road noise is not bad at all. I believe they are pretty much the most aggressive looking tire with the least amount of road noise out there. I have heard the radio at around 25% volume will drown out any road noise. Which isn't very loud at all.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I've been pleased with my Duratracs. Even on my Jeep which has zero sound deadening and with the top down or off they're very reasonable.

kdarr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 HEMI
I have Nitto's on my work truck. Good tires...not a lot of noise/

Not trying to hijack, but looking for wide, lower than stock, 20" raised white performance tires for my sb xpress.

I know...I'm only one that still likes the raised whites, old school I guess.

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Thanks. most of the tires mentioned are the ones I've most seen on lifting threads anyway. I do like the Trail Grappler look. I'll check on the toyos

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I know...I'm only one that still likes the raised whites, old school I guess.

White letters would go great with my White/black theme... but there hard to find without painting them on myself.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I had general grabber AT2 on my last truck. They were fairly aggressive with little or no road noise. Wish I could have kept those wheels and tires when i traded. They were awesome!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Met a guy who had Toyo AT's and upgraded to Toyo MT's, and couldn't wait to get the AT's back because of the noise. I met the guy in front of Lowes and I asked him because I was considering a MT as well. I believe I will be going AT when it comes time, either Toyo or BFG. You should ask yourself what is more important, aggressive or quiet, and then decide. I will be the first to admit the MT's are a real nice looking tire. AT will always be more quiet then MT, and it is pretty common sense there as well.