Muffler recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaime Garcia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any recommendations for a muffler for single cab 2011 1500? I am looking at the magna flows and wanting something with a mellow tone but opens up nicely when the throttle does. I currently have flowmasters. Also, any recommendations on any headers would be great as well.

Thanks

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Borla ProXS and jba longtubes. If you plan on keeping the truck I’d probably do a higher end header but jba’s are great imo. Had this setup on a truck catless and damn!

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're not looking for really loud I recommend the 24" Magnaflow. It's got a nice mellow tone at idle but gets pretty loud when you really get on it.

Yep....good selection for what OP says he's after. I have the 24 Magnaflow on my truck and after 8 different mufflers I'm finally done. Great sound, volume and tone if you're looking for something on the milder side.

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put the magnaflow catback on my 15 ram 1500 and i love it

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also have a Magnaflow and it has a nice reasonable tone. 5" tips will also increase the tone of your exhaust. I would also recommend ARH long tube headers. While not cheap I believe they are the best quality and have the best fitment of any others currently available. You need to realize that no matter what muffler you choose, once you install a set of long tube headers the sound of your exhaust system is going to increase.
Jay

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have a Magnaflow and it has a nice reasonable tone. 5" tips will also increase the tone of your exhaust. I would also recommend ARH long tube headers. While not cheap I believe they are the best quality and have the best fitment of any others currently available. You need to realize that no matter what muffler you choose, once you install a set of long tube headers the sound of your exhaust system is going to increase.
Jay

The ARH’s come in either 1 3/4”x3” or 1 7/8”x3”. What is the difference between the two sizes besides the 1/8”?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Kind of a simple answer is that the guys that have all the mod's including forced induction or N20 and lots of internal engine work go with the larger 1 7/8" headers and us street guys or occasional racer guys go with the smaller 1 3/4. The larger headers work better with the higher horsepower engines.
Jay

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So do we have enough displacement and cam with factory heads and intake to fully use 1 7/8” primaries ? I’m not into racing anymore so I don’t know how the Hemi reacts to those. I’d think the larger primaries combined with a low rev motor (factory cam literally dies past 5200rpm?) and a truck intake promoting low/mid range flow should hurt performance mid range. is there enough scavenging to use the larger primaries with a factory truck cam/heads/intake?
I don’t know how the Hemi reacts to exhaust changes but I’d think I’ll want 1 7/8 primaries on a 6.4hemi and 1 3/4 on the 5.7l engine unless the 5.7 had ported heads, ported intake and monster cams?

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So do we have enough displacement and cam with factory heads and intake to fully use 1 7/8” primaries ? I’m not into racing anymore so I don’t know how the Hemi reacts to those. I’d think the larger primaries combined with a low rev motor (factory cam literally dies past 5200rpm?) and a truck intake promoting low/mid range flow should hurt performance mid range. is there enough scavenging to use the larger primaries with a factory truck cam/heads/intake?
I don’t know how the Hemi reacts to exhaust changes but I’d think I’ll want 1 7/8 primaries on a 6.4hemi and 1 3/4 on the 5.7l engine unless the 5.7 had ported heads, ported intake and monster cams?
For bolt ons and a mild cam the 1 3/4 primaries work just fine. That’s what I run in my truck with full bolt ons and a custom grind cam.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevo5441