My 5 Months Review of my new 2012 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys as most of you know I am not a aggressive thread and poster but I do read these forums and now its my turn to post about my truck and I will start from the beginning. I apologize in the advance for the long post but it was worth it.
Back in November I was content with the truck I had but one day I went to the dealership and after browsing around I noticed a nice True Blue Ram 1500 it had a hitch, 3.92 gears, the 6 speed and everything I would want in a truck. I talked to my friend who is a salesman there we I bought my other vehicles before and I went for the test drive. I put the truck in reverse and I applied the same pressure as I would in my 2500 and the truck was pretty much spinning the tires and that put a big grin on my face and my friend was laughing (Knew he sold me something I finally liked). So after the test drive I talked with the wife and traded in the 2500 Hemi and took it home on November 14th with a very big grin on my face.
That is the story on when I got my truck. I have a short 9.5 mile round trip to work and back mostly highway so the mileage of 2172 on the odometer may seem to be small to most of you but these past five months have been a blast. My truck has towed my families project vehicle with trailer and load weighing in at 6500 pounds 4 times up and down K10 and I-435 on decent 4-5% grades with no struggle at all. My truck has effortlessly traveled through two feet of snow in the three snow storms we have had. The second one the wife got our Avenger stuck so I took the truck and trailer through unplowed streets loaded the Avenger on the trailer and towed it all the way home through snow packed main roads. If you Kansas City guys know the Overland Park area then you know College heading east up to quivera has what has to be a 700 foot 7% grade right before the Quivera st signal. The truck towed the Avenger up through 18 inches of snow holding its ground going up the entire grade in 4HI and that by far is the most impressive thing I have experienced with my truck. During the three snowstorms I helped out snow stuck vehicles and each time my Ram was more than willing to pull them out in fact it always wants to.
In late February early March I ordered a 85mm Throttle Body from Moes to my truck and it made the quickest most powerful truck I have owned to date even better. Two days after install I towed my buddies Suburban to the shop he works at for engine repair. A week after that I helped my church by towing a mini van to another shop due to a bad starter. Around that time I raced and beat my cousin-in-law's 5.7L Tundra in a controlled environment. It is now April and my Birthday is coming up this Saturday and I am very very happy with my truck. I can depend on it and know that it has the balls to do what I need it too. In June My wife and I are moving to a different area in Kansas City and I am not even worried about it because no matter what comes up my Ram will take it like a champ. The power of this truck is like a rampage with it available no matter what speed I am at. After all is said and done I have officially named my first vehicle. My 2012 Ram 1500 True Blue Hemi has a name and it is RAMPAGE. An awesome name for a Hard working dependable monstrous powerhouse of a truck.
This all being said I want to thank you guys on this forum for helping me with any questions that I have asked and the encouragement. Ladies and Gentlemen I am a PROUD and HAPPY RAM OWNER!!!!!!!! HOOORAHHH!!!

Last edited:

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
So, tell us how you really feel. Lol. Congrats on loving your truck so much. I am especially proud of you for beating that Tundra (in a controlled environment - I laughed out loud) because they are pretty stout. I have 31,000 miles on mine now in a little less than a year, so I'm sure yours will last you and your family for several years.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
so..............................do you like it?

LOL j/k, congrats!

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the review. Rampage?! (is this):

280px-1983_Dodge_Rampage.jpg

:)

Depending on what part of KC you are moving, you should be worried. I'd be real worried if it were 30th and Highland, for example. I took my Ram out in during the KC storms this year as well. It worked flawlessly also.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's always nice to read something positive, as forums often get used for venting and the negative side of things.
Glad she treats you so well.

OP
OP
Noved

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, tell us how you really feel. Lol. Congrats on loving your truck so much. I am especially proud of you for beating that Tundra (in a controlled environment - I laughed out loud) because they are pretty stout. I have 31,000 miles on mine now in a little less than a year, so I'm sure yours will last you and your family for several years.

Thanks.

so..............................do you like it?

LOL j/k, congrats!

:D

Thanks for the review. Rampage?! (is this):

280px-1983_Dodge_Rampage.jpg

:)

Depending on what part of KC you are moving, you should be worried. I'd be real worried if it were 30th and Highland, for example. I took my Ram out in during the KC storms this year as well. It worked flawlessly also.

Interesting I did not realize Dodge actually had a Rampage. I will still keep the name though. I will be no where close to 30th and Highland lol.

It's always nice to read something positive, as forums often get used for venting and the negative side of things.
Glad she treats you so well.

I noticed that too but thankfully I am nothing but impressed and pleased with my rig.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I put the truck in reverse and I applied the same pressure as I would in my 2500 and the truck was pretty much spinning the tires and that put a big grin on my face and my friend was laughing (Knew he sold me something I finally liked).

So, why did you put it in reverse and power brake it? lol

Good to hear you like it.. I love mine and its only been two weeks.lol

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Awesome man! I've had my 2013 (also true blue) for less than a week and I never want to get out of it. Congrats on loving your truck and picking the right one!

OP
OP
Noved

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, why did you put it in reverse and power brake it? lol

Good to hear you like it.. I love mine and its only been two weeks.lol

I did not power brake it in reverse lol first time driving it and pedal was more touchy than I was used to.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
great review

OP
OP
Noved

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you! This truck deserves a great review it is a very impressive truck.

JCJ4290

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm in the same boat, man! Congrats! Glad you like it.

GSparkleD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was a Cummins owner previously and was worried about goin to a hemi but I, like you, am in love with it! I have no regrets and want to get in and drive it everywhere!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat