My cam lifter job! Pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

fadetoblack188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes what Cam and lifters?
Mopar.

Supposedly the lifters were “ updated “ so the part number is diff from factory. Who knows if anything was really updated. Also there is no def answer pointing to bad lifter design at this point. So I went Mopar everything

OP
OP
F

fadetoblack188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I went back and found a previous thread on December 23, where he had planned on buying Mopar parts.(except for water pump and a few other items)
Sorry works been crazy have been slacking on my forum time. I use Mopar everything. Except the oil pump which is Mellings and the oil pan gasket fel pro. Otherwise every part including the new water pump is Mopar

Missouri2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry works been crazy have been slacking on my forum time. I use Mopar everything. Except the oil pump which is Mellings and the oil pan gasket fel pro. Otherwise every part including the new water pump is Mopar
Thanks!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
How loud is it sitting there idling at 800!?
I have long tubes and no cats on the truck and Challenger,and 6.4 manifolds and no cats on my 300,and at idle they aren't really all that loud,both the 300 and 1320 have stock exhausts behind the midpipes,the truck has a true dual set-up utilizing 18" Magnaflows.All 3 are set to idle at roughly 750 rpm,even when i'm sitting in them on a cold or hot day and they're running and i have my foot on the skinny pedal keeping them at 1200 to 1300 rpm they aren't really all that much louder then a stock vehicle.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mopar.

Supposedly the lifters were “ updated “ so the part number is diff from factory. Who knows if anything was really updated. Also there is no def answer pointing to bad lifter design at this point. So I went Mopar everything
The change to the lifters in the 2014 timeframe was an increase in the size of the needle bearings. There was also a change in the supplier at one point which was identified by a part number change, although that may have been at a different time.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 107238 miles.