Advice needed - CAM/Lifter noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgtryanusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I CAN'T FIND REDLINE ANYWHERE AROUND HERE.:(
I'M GOING ON A TRIP TODAY. I'M GONNA HAVE TO GO 6.5 ROYAL PURPLE AND BIOGUARD. PLEASE ADVISE, BECAUSE I THINK BIOGUARD IS EXTRA VISCOUS, WOULD YOU RECOMMEND 5W-20 OR 30 WITH THE 1/2 QT BIOGUARD? THANK YOU!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Heck, sometimes, I would just move the dashpot a bit tweaked so the bump stop would make a higher RPM instead of turning/tuning air and fuel and rpm ratios. Those old Friggin Rochester Quads were a PITA. The holleys were friendlier, but the Rochesters, argh.
Nothing was worse than the ford Venturi carbs back in the eighties.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I CAN'T FIND REDLINE ANYWHERE AROUND HERE.:(
I'M GOING ON A TRIP TODAY. I'M GONNA HAVE TO GO 6.5 ROYAL PURPLE AND BIOGUARD. PLEASE ADVISE, BECAUSE I THINK BIOGUARD IS EXTRA VISCOUS, WOULD YOU RECOMMEND 5W-20 OR 30 WITH THE 1/2 QT BIOGUARD? THANK YOU!
Hey Sarge, check out the synthetic oil thread. You get answers to questions you didn’t know should ask. I’d be inclined to stick with 5-20 when using bioguard the first time, if you don’t achieve the desired results then you can go up to 5-30 with the bioguard. SEMPER FI from an old navy Doc.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Sarge, check out the synthetic oil thread. You get answers to questions you didn’t know should ask. I’d be inclined to stick with 5-20 when using bioguard the first time, if you don’t achieve the desired results then you can go up to 5-30 with the bioguard. SEMPER FI from an old navy Doc.
Ohhhhhh, U Navy service guys, lmao.

Navy salute.JPG