my efan thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats how I ran it. And my setup was bullet proof b

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
I've got mine setup where low side is controlled by the controller and high side is controlled by a switch in the dash. When the switch is in the off position the controller has control over the lowside. When low side isn't cutting it, I flip the switch and turn high on.

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Very interesting...looking forward to seeing how this turns out as it could be a good mod.

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got mine setup where low side is controlled by the controller and high side is controlled by a switch in the dash. When the switch is in the off position the controller has control over the lowside. When low side isn't cutting it, I flip the switch and turn high on.

thats a REALLY good idea. im going to wire mine up like that when i finally pull the trigger on this mod.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a question for the guys who are running the high side of the Taurus fan? Are you just using that for off roading or when you are hauling? I have always felt like the low side pulled more than enough air for everyday driving even when it is hot.

AParrette

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
3.8L SUPERCHARGED
being in north fl, i'd use it for my dd practices, since i drive like an ass

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
my efan is installed i have pics and i will post but i need to know what my normal operating temp is and where to set my temp on my controller....i plan on getting a 180*t-stat soon but for now i still have the original in can somebody help....remember 4.7l....

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
ive found stats for both my 4.7l and hemi's that are 195* stats and say they are oe....

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
okay first off i wanna thank smknram for helping me on this mod he was available to me via yahoo and answered a **** ton of my questions and worries....thank you craig my fan kicks on at about 1/2- 5/8 on the truck gage and then about 45 seconds later the stat opens and temp drops then a minute or so after the fan shuts off....and when i shut the truck off it stays running a few minutes so far....i hope i have this thing set right as i will have a buddy help me calibrate it better in the morning at school....now for a few pics....i will wire my led tomorrow so i have better monitoring of when it starts and shuts off....will post pics of that too...
sorry they are from recent to beginning....sorry for the engine bay being dirty its the worst its ever beeen and will be cleaned for the show this upcoming weekend or next i gotta check the flyer....
100_5665.jpg
100_5664.jpg
100_5663.jpg
100_5662.jpg
100_5661.jpg
100_5660.jpg
100_5659.jpg

Last edited:

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any shots of the wiring all cleaned up and in a loom?

SilentRamAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 QCSB 2wd
Engine
287 4.7L
Yup, the second picture is with it all in the loom coming out of the top left corner of the stock fan shroud. Pictures are from Recent (top) to Beginning (bottom).

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
Yeah sorry about that frogg I dunno what happened I copy and pasted assbackwards I guess I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the blue and green wires may loom em and stuff em in my fenderwell, ill put my led in today and will post pics of that too all clean and wired up nice...

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just use some 1/4" loom and run it into something. No one will ever know and it will look good.

SMKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just cut the ******* off!! Which ones are left? the ac wire is useless but what other one?

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
Spare power to goto another fan if your runnin duals I'm just gonna lOom it into the fender well...

OP
OP
B

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
im all buttoned up now and i think i got the temp set right...wire loomed the spare wires but instead of me using the power wire of the fan for my led, i used the spare blue wire that came off the controller, it has power when the controller turns on. perfect for the led only worry is no fuse between the led and controller i wonder if it will burn up? everything is pretty and loomed and can barely tell i did any modification under there...now i just need some 3/4 loom to hide my power wire for my amp and the other 2 wires running into my cab for lights.....love the fan i dunno if i see a noticeable gain yet or not, but im sure ill find love for it....i seem to be running a lil hot so when i got home i adjusted it a lil so hopefully it will run cooler, near future very near as its only about 7 bucks is a 180* tstat to help out with the rest of my stuff....heres a cpl pics of the led and it comes on right where you see the temp gage in the same pic....and just for frog another all loom pic.....
100_5669.jpg
100_5667.jpg
100_5666.jpg

Last edited: