My new old Dodge RAM and my new Dodge RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jettrink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Good morning Everyone,
I am new to the forum and look forward to hearing from other RAM owners.
I currently have a 2005 RAM 3500, single wheel long bed with 162,000 miles. I have owned it since new and it is my seventh RAM Cummins. In the past I have had 2500s, 3500 dual wheels. I have rebuilt the transmission on the '05 (148,000 miles), and recently rebuilt the front end (160,000 miles). I used to trade fairly often but after this one I just kept driving it. It is still a great truck, and dependable.
I do have a question for anyone that has experience, or may currently be waiting on a RAM to be delivered after ordering it.

I ordered a 2022 RAM 3500 dual wheel, back in May. We were notified that as of June 28 the truck has been built and awaiting shipment. We are now closing in on twelve weeks since build confirmation. Just wondering if anyone has any experience about wait times ? Is it the chip shortage we have heard about in the news?

Really nothing to do but wait, just curious about other's experiences.

Thank you,
jettrink

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
My PowerWagon took 4 months but that was 2 years ago.
I know we are getting sick of waiting for my wife's new Grand Cherokee to arrive and she ordered that in March.
The local tire shop I use just picked up their new plain Jane Chevy Colorado shop truck and it took 14 months!!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:welcome:

Build/delivery times are wild across the board. Some PPL are ordering and getting it in 10-12 weeks, some PPL waiting 6 months and longer. The supply chain is ahhhhhhhh broke, LOL.

Joseph Burton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I recently received my new 2022 Ram 1ton. After visiting several dealers and being told 4,5,6 months until delivery I finally came across Donalson Ram in Silsbee Texas where they could make it possible within 2 to 3 months. True to there word it landed 2 1/2 months later. They deliver all over the United States. Ask for a guy named Dearman he's very easy to deal with.

OP
OP
J

jettrink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Well, I recently received my new 2022 Ram 1ton. After visiting several dealers and being told 4,5,6 months until delivery I finally came across Donalson Ram in Silsbee Texas where they could make it possible within 2 to 3 months. True to there word it landed 2 1/2 months later. They deliver all over the United States. Ask for a guy named Dearman he's very easy to deal with.
Thanks very much sir! I appreciate it.

OP
OP
J

jettrink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Thank you all for your replies and welcome to the forum. Apologies for being so long to get back. Just been busy.
All the best to everyone!
jettrink