My New Truck Went KABOOM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
Just rolled 2000 miles and the high pressure power steering hose failed. Fortunately it happened at under 5mph as I was turning/pulling into my driveway. Lost all power steering and lost 90% of the brakes. As this happened I felt a pop in the steering wheel, then heard a sound from under the hood like a turbine engine spooling up. Then 5 seconds later a HORRIFIC explosion happened under the hood and a 20' diameter flume of smoke erupted out from under and around the front of the truck. I am very fortunate this happened under the slow speed circumstances that it did. If I were traveling at highway speeds when this occurred it more than likely could of had FATAL consequences. I opened up a case with corporate FCA and the NHTSA. Waiting for the Corporate Chrysler investigator to inspect and make a determination as to what caused the failure. Failed part # is
5154904AC

BTW...You should see the inside of the engine bay area...Completely flooded with P.S. fluid...Including all the snowplow modular components and salt spreader electrical looms/wiring...

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think he wanted pics of your truck. Not a generic pic of a part. It is just a power steering hose. They fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 85 use to blow them a lot dumping PS fluid on left brake rotor. Id learn of it when I applied brakes, usually fighting to stay in my lane or on the road. And stopping [emoji12]. Memories, I miss that truck.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I do not go to a NASCAR event for the race but to watch the wrecks.

We need pictures of the carnage!

OP
OP
SHOOT2KILL

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
Just rolled 2000 miles and the high pressure power steering hose failed. Fortunately it happened at under 5mph as I was turning/pulling into my driveway. Lost all power steering and lost 90% of the brakes. As this happened I felt a pop in the steering wheel, then heard a sound from under the hood like a turbine engine spooling up. Then 5 seconds later a HORRIFIC explosion happened under the hood and a 20' diameter flume of smoke erupted out from under and around the front of the truck. I am very fortunate this happened under the slow speed circumstances that it did. If I were traveling at highway speeds when this occurred it more than likely could of had FATAL consequences. I opened up a case with corporate FCA and the NHTSA. Waiting for the Corporate Chrysler investigator to inspect and make a determination as to what caused the failure. Failed part # is
5154904AC

BTW...You should see the inside of the engine bay area...Completely flooded with P.S. fluid...Including all the snowplow modular components and salt spreader electrical looms/wiring...

There must be a filter on this website. Cant get attachment link to open my pic browser. Some websites require a certain amount of posts before they allow pics to be posted.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Smoke was from PS fluid on the exhaust manifold. Happened on my off-road truck and it thought my truck was on fire. Lucky the PS fluid didn't catch but yeah, it was a mess under the hood.

OP
OP
SHOOT2KILL

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
I sent you an email.

Thanks...pics sent...Take notice of the corregated sleeve that got torn up from the force when the fitting let loose...There's also a 3" diameter hole in the underhood insulation...Not to mention the 4' diameter puddle of P.S. fluid on my concrete driveway on my new custom built home....

OP
OP
SHOOT2KILL

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
Update...LOL

Was informed by the dealer today that part # 5154904AC is on national backorder....Im #16 in line to receive my part...Tenative date for me to receive the part is Feb 15, 2016......BOY DO I HAVE A SURPRISE FOR THAT DEALER NEXT WEEK...........................