My R/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
nice sounds good man thats my nest set up can i ask what the headers and cats cost they throwing any codes

im actually going to change the set up probably. Going to go with no cats and x pipe with two borla xr1 mufflers....i dont know exactly how much they are because when i bought the truck the headers were already on it( lucky me since i didnt even notice them at first) and yes it throws a code but hemifever said he can get that to go away or if not i can always use some spark plug non foulers to get rid of it also.

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
did you drive it at all without a tune after the headers? I know it sounds weird but mine changed after i put the canned tune on

yeah, i drove it without the tune, because i wanted to check out this vibration that i feel when stepping on it when going 45-55, and i wanted to see if it was because of the tune.

i know what you mean though, it does sound different without the tune. can't explain it either.

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
yeah, i drove it without the tune, because i wanted to check out this vibration that i feel when stepping on it when going 45-55, and i wanted to see if it was because of the tune.

I know what you mean though, it does sound different without the tune. Can't explain it either.

did you get it figured out

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
not yet... next week i will have my driveshaft taken out and taken to a shop to see if it is out of balance

Last edited:

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
eventually i'm going to have to sell it, just not quite sure when. but either way i'll need to get the driveshaft fixed....

sorry, meant driveshaft, not drivetrain on previous post

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Oh ok well damn at least the diesel will be fun for you

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
im actually going to change the set up probably. Going to go with no cats and x pipe with two borla xr1 mufflers....i dont know exactly how much they are because when i bought the truck the headers were already on it( lucky me since i didnt even notice them at first) and yes it throws a code but hemifever said he can get that to go away or if not i can always use some spark plug non foulers to get rid of it also.

you bought a 2012 with headers already

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
where do you live cause no cats can get you a hefty fine let alone ***** your warranty

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yes sir it had very little miles and when I went to test drive it it was as quiet as the stock trucks so I didn't think nothing of it all I heard was the whistle of the spacer and the cai which I had seen under the hood but I didn't notice the headers because of how quiet the truck was and because I knew how much they cost so I never thought someone would put them on a brand new truck and trade it in right away with them.... I didn't see them till a check engine light came on 3 days after taking the truck home lol

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
where do you live cause no cats can get you a hefty fine let alone ***** your warranty

Houston and yea I know about the fine and warranty but around here most trucks are cammed and a lot louder then mine so cops are used to it and don't really pay attention lol

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
lol nice ya how many cops pull you over and look under a truck did not know if you had inspection.

And thats a heel of a steal man headers and cai NICE

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
lol nice ya how many cops pull you over and look under a truck did not know if you had inspection.

And thats a heel of a steal man headers and cai NICE

We do have inspection also but they usually won't look under the truck specially it it's lowered...just gotta make sure the check engine light is off