Name that connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hot Ducer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1. Doing the LED changeover on my dash and noticed this electrical connector attached to a piece of plastic. uploadfromtaptalk1466271403223.jpg

2003 1500 QuadCab 5.7 4x4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1466271398958.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466271398958.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
OP
OP
Hot Ducer

Hot Ducer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This one is under the dash by the pedals. uploadfromtaptalk1466271737745.jpg

And this one is under the hood by the master cylinder.
uploadfromtaptalk1466271788028.jpg

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
In the second picture, if it's the connector on the back of the center bezel just below the vent on the right of the radio, that's for an air bag switch. You have a QC, so it didn't require one, give a car seat could've been attached to the back seat. It's still on the air bag circuit, so don't do anything with it. You could get the air bag switch and drill a hole to mount it as some did.

Picture three is (on an '05, anyway) called C219 (long one with through-bolt) and the small blue one is for a trailer brake controller harness. Most interior stuff is fed through C219, going up behind the cluster and the harness continuing across the top of the dash. Not sure, but I think the smaller connector above C219 is C220 and also feeds interior stuff-but that might be the designation of the blue connector. It'll be much the same on your truck, perhaps only different color wires or connector designation. It's tough to sort some of this out since you have to go back-and-forth between pages to continue following circuits.

IDK about the fourth picture connector or what circuits are in it.

Last edited:

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The 4th pic is the harness connection from the ECU to C219 under the dash. It links the central control unit with all of the interior stuff and the IPDM.

OP
OP
Hot Ducer

Hot Ducer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In the second picture, if it's the connector on the back of the center bezel just below the vent on the right of the radio, that's for an air bag switch. You have a QC, so it didn't require one, give a car seat could've been attached to the back seat. It's still on the air bag circuit, so don't do anything with it. You could get the air bag switch and drill a hole to mount it as some did.

Picture three is (on an '05, anyway) called C219 (long one with through-bolt) and the small blue one is for a trailer brake controller harness. Most interior stuff is fed through C219, going up behind the cluster and the harness continuing across the top of the dash. Not sure, but I think the smaller connector above C219 is C220 and also feeds interior stuff-but that might be the designation of the blue connector. It'll be much the same on your truck, perhaps only different color wires or connector designation. It's tough to sort some of this out since you have to go back-and-forth between pages to continue following circuits.

IDK about the fourth picture connector or what circuits are in it.
Thanks for the reply. In the third pic, im talking about the little green connector beside "the brain" and main harness. Maybe I don't understand what you are talking about. Trailer lighting should all be hooked up (although I haven't tested them since I've owned the vehicle). Under normal operating conditions, none of these are connected to anything which is why I was curious about their potential.

I figured the first was probably the airbag option, and will leave it alone.

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
I missed that one!

Looks like that's C309. Offhand, I can't find any harness that connects to it. You might ask jotin in his 3G Tech thread.