Need a picker-upper from my Ram friends

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks bud, I need to look into this....never experienced it nor understand how it works (guessing no waxing). I need to look around here and see what prices would be.

I kinda wish it was a true orange from Dodge...Hemi orange. Thats almost red in color. But regardless, maybe a black undertone strip or something could do something for me. I do appreciate the suggestions. Paint would probably be 5k easily.

Hemi orange looks real good filling up an engine bay...

image-82.jpg

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like the color but wouldn't have gotten it because it's a faddish color and the excitement would wear away quickly if I had to see it everyday. That ugly robin egg blue is even worse.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll trade ya my granite truck for it! LOL!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I didn't want it to come to this but we could just trade trucks.... You'll be happy with a not orange truck and i'll be happy. Its a win win

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I want your truck so freakin bad dude. I couldn't afford a Sport though so I had to get the Tradesman/Express. I'll trade ya mine straight up! You can put all that UGLY GA stuff off and I'll add some nice white Ts all over! GO VOLS!!!!!! hahaha seriously though dude, that color is different and it looks amazing. Be happy with it!

amjones182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just go to a Clemson game and put a for sale sign on it. There are enough Clemson nuts around here you might get enough to break even

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
That's why I wouldn't buy the orange. It's cool to see every once and a while but I'd get sick of it if I owned one.

You can always vinyl wrap it though.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
vinyl wrap or full matte black plasti dip....

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm tellin ya.....plastidip is your friend lol

You can change the color scheme every month if you'd like.

OP
OP
M

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would love to trade lol! Gonna have to ride this out somehow, until i can get more money down or more rebate. Or...wrap it.

As xrsman pointed out...its cool at first but wears on you after awhile.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Wrap it partially. If you want something unique, wrap the hood, roof (& surrounds), the lower part of all the body panels, and maybe the tailgate...all in black.

You'll have two-tone. You'll still have your beloved orange, but likely without all the Clemson crap. Plus, since you've wrapped all the parts of your body that get the most road damage, you'll be making your overall finish last longer. If you use matte wrap, not only do you have more "pop" in the two-tone thing (the orange will shine and the black won't), it'll protect better because it's thicker.

Maybe for the hood wrap, you have them put your favored school's logo or some other sort of design.

OP
OP
M

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wrap it partially. If you want something unique, wrap the hood, roof (& surrounds), the lower part of all the body panels, and maybe the tailgate...all in black.

You'll have two-tone. You'll still have your beloved orange, but likely without all the Clemson crap. Plus, since you've wrapped all the parts of your body that get the most road damage, you'll be making your overall finish last longer. If you use matte wrap, not only do you have more "pop" in the two-tone thing (the orange will shine and the black won't), it'll protect better because it's thicker.

Maybe for the hood wrap, you have them put your favored school's logo or some other sort of design.

I like these ideas....thanks, I may look into this!

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Summerville (outside Charleston). I do get compliments on it...just losing the desire for it right now....and constantly hearing "ya a clemson fan I bet" doesn't help matters.

That was my feeling when I first saw it. It looks cool but it's just too bright for a truck..

Maybe a challenger or Charger it would fit..

That sucks though. I'm sorta have the same thing with my truck. My neighbor things I'm a Texas fan on the inside with my burnt orange truck. Lucky I live in Louisiana and this is very FEW Texas fans. hahah

BTW

BOOMER SOONER

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Sounds like your bitter about the color because of the whole Clemson/Tennessee thing. Ummmm, get over it and enjoy your freakin' truck. It's practicaly brand new. Not to mention how many people can afford to buy a truck as nice an new as ÿours. Your getting compliments, daily. Good God, feel good about it.

Would be like my wife whining that I got her too big a diamond ring. Ohhhh, it too big, shiny and heavy! Wooooo is me!

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Just out of curiosity, how much would it cost to wrap an entire ram?

As much as a paint job if you want it done right.

This is a local guy. It was not cheap

This was it before
11412080_922548141122242_774219302399054445_o.jpg

This is now
12184061_951456894925390_8793108399284703620_o.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Shoot son if it's botherin ya that much head down to Walmart and invest in some KRYLON!
I'm liking the Vinyl wrap ideas but there's other choices too. I was on the Mopar parts page the other day and found all the decals. You could get some factory decals and change the entire look of it without doing too much.

I took alot of crap for my Flame Red 98 Ram. I didn't care. I took alot of crap for my 09 Ram...cause it had the 4.7. That used to get under my skin. But the truth is...Haters gonna hate, no matter the color, the size of the motor, or worse....those bowtie drivin, blue oval lovin mugs will ALWAYS hate your truck. Hang in there. I still say KRYLON!

thz71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll gladly trade ya haha. I couldn't find an orange one in my used price range haha