need help installing line out converter!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lokal907ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
ive read some threads but havent really found what i need. im going to be installing my amp and subs next week and i need to know what wires behind the stereo (8.4" non alpine) in my 2014 sport to connect the line out converter to. i know i need to hook it up to a left and right speaker. to me it seems easier to tap in behind the deck and leave the LOC behind the dash then run my RCA's like normal. also where should i connect my remote on wire for the amp? thanks for any help guys!!!

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
grab signal from the front door speakers and for the remote I used my cig lighter.

OP
OP
lokal907ryder

lokal907ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
do you happen to know the wire colors? im going to install the LOC behind the headunit.

Bkhsvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Front left + grey/purple
Front left - grey/yellow

Bkhsvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Front right + dark green/purple
Front right - dark green yellow

Left rear + gray/lt green
Left rear - gray/dark green

Right rear + dark green/lt green
Right rear - dark green/gray

Bkhsvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can join both your speaker inputs on your loc to just one speaker as well. So just put your pos impute and neg inputs together to one speaker.

OP
OP
lokal907ryder

lokal907ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Front right + dark green/purple
Front right - dark green yellow

Left rear + gray/lt green
Left rear - gray/dark green

Right rear + dark green/lt green
Right rear - dark green/gray

youre the man. thank you!

EdmontonSS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
For a signal, I just went into the fuse panel, found the AC fuse, and slipped the wire in next to the fuse. its a tight fit and on a keyed power line :)

* Edit for question*

Here's a question for you speaker gurus. I have a LOC connected (or had it connected rather) to both back speakers for two inputs. Now, I only have it connected to the right rear door, and use only 1 set of inputs into the LOC. I dont know if there is a difference in sound (although it sounds a bit quieter).... should I be splicing the wires in two and filling both a left/right rear input slots on the LOC with the speaker wires from the right speaker, or just leave it on one input set.

The only reason i dont really care much, is I am getting a new Pioneer DD head unit on Wednesday and then can ignore the LOC. I had my truck broken into a couple weeks back and have been running the factory deck until I could source out a new head unit.

Last edited: