Need help troubleshooting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SolidHJQ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello there so unlucky for me it seems my truck does not want to cooperate one bit. On one of my work trips I arrived to my destination just fine, the morning after when I hopped in the truck I managed to turn on the truck nothing out of the ordinary as it idled I turned on the headlights as well as the defrost couple of seconds later the truck just stalls I managed to turn it on once more but on the second time it lasted roughly around 15 seconds and then again stalled. After the first two attempts turning the key over would only produce a couple of clicks. I assumed it was just the battery, however I tried getting it jump started but no luck, I also installed a brand new battery still nothing. Later on I decided to swap out the starter as well due to the fact that the truck would crank a bit much before starting. Upon changing the starter there was no longer any clicks, it does not even crank whatsoever, the only noise it makes now is some sort of electronic screech of some sort. After a couple of attempts the engine seemed like it wanted to turn over I got to witness the harmonic balancer make about 1/8 of a turn a couple of times until is just didn't anymore. I have looked everywhere for answers and it seems like I cant find anything remotely similar. What really gets me is that the engine does not crank at all, another thing that I did note is that it seems like the fuel pump does not engage, however I've been told that even if the fuel pump was bad the engine should still crank, if anyone could share some info on what they think it might or where to start I would greatly appreciate it, thank you.

2007 dodge ram 5.7

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
multiple electrical problems? I'm guessing the TIPM is the problem. That controls the power going to most of the vehicle(ie: starter, fuel pump, etc). My neighbors '08 starter went bad and took out the TIPM also.