Need help with an audio system.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bigtymes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since you already have the rears hold on to them. Run with the three way setup first, if you feel the need to add rear fill then toss them into the mix. My hunch is that once you listen to the 3 way front stage setup you will be selling the rears.
Right on. Yea if I'm going to use them then I need to have the wire ran when they do the install. So it's either gonna be have them installed or sell them. Or I have an 04 ram I could toss them in too. Think it's 6.5 everywhere stock tho. Don't remember.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I ended up canceling the order for that box and went with the dual tall net Audio box. Found a great deal on it. Came loaded with 2 13tw5's and a 1 year warranty on subs for $1k. Starting to think my warranty will be up by the time I get them installed tho. Ha.

I was really wanting that box, but having many different brands sitting in the garage......the wife will probably start making me go to counseling with her LOL! The Net Audio box definitely looks to be a nice build! Anyways, you chose wisely!

OP
OP
B

Bigtymes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was really wanting that box, but having many different brands sitting in the garage......the wife will probably start making me go to counseling with her LOL! The Net Audio box definitely looks to be a nice build! Anyways, you chose wisely!
If it sounds as good as it looks I will be happy. I am putting ram logo/letters on it to help spiff it up a bit. Pictures coming as soon as it's all installed.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Congrats on the Focal mid range! You are stock piling some nice stuff! Really nice, speakers, great power (I love my USA made Arc Amps) and a power house in the PS8.
I forget, are you going to add some sound deadener to the doors or anything? If not, I would...it will make an audible difference. Your tune will be very important. Your xover points & slope will be pretty important too. You are going to have a really nice sounding system. Iam excited for you!

OP
OP
B

Bigtymes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on the Focal mid range! You are stock piling some nice stuff! Really nice, speakers, great power (I love my USA made Arc Amps) and a power house in the PS8.
I forget, are you going to add some sound deadener to the doors or anything? If not, I would...it will make an audible difference. Your tune will be very important. Your xover points & slope will be pretty important too. You are going to have a really nice sounding system. Iam excited for you!
Thank you. I appreciate that. I'm pretty excited too. Can't wait for the install, just hard to convince myself to drop that kind of money all at once. As for deadening, yes. I have 180 square feet of stinger roadkill expert. Going to cover that with ensolite. Several different people have told me the mass loaded vinyl coverage isn't needed. It will be just as quiet with these 2 layers. Going to do 100% coverage of the mat and foam inside the cab.

OP
OP
B

Bigtymes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have a good battery suggestion? I want to swap out the primary rather than add a secondary. The xspower d6500 would be perfect, except the terminals are opposite what I need them to be. I am only going to be pulling about 2000 watts, and this battery gives me headroom at 3000 when acting as primary. They offer smaller which will fit, but not provide the headroom. Any suggestions?

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Some guys are using the D6500 battery but are modifying the cables to fit.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm still using my stock battery while running three big class A/B amps and a nice class D. Haven't had any issues at all with it.

That said, if I did have to replace it, I'd probably go with an Odyssey.

OP
OP
B

Bigtymes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm still using my stock battery while running three big class A/B amps and a nice class D. Haven't had any issues at all with it.

That said, if I did have to replace it, I'd probably go with an Odyssey.
They consider these to be a glass g/h. Read what it means, but not too sure how truthful it is. Did you do the big 3? I have always heard how it helps, but through researching for this setup, I read about a guy who wasn't having issues, but did it anyway. Then when he did it he started having the dimming lights. Was explained as the big 3 allowed the amps to pull more current from the alternator sucking more juice away from the other electronics. I guess I will hold off on the battery for now and just see how it goes. Then if I need one, check into odyssey and see if they have a better option to fit the stock location. Thanks for the reply, you just saved me 3 to 4 hundred bucks. Ha.

OP
OP
B

Bigtymes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some guys are using the D6500 battery but are modifying the cables to fit.
Would definitely void my electrical warranty. Rather steer clear of that.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They consider these to be a glass g/h. Read what it means, but not too sure how truthful it is. Did you do the big 3? I have always heard how it helps, but through researching for this setup, I read about a guy who wasn't having issues, but did it anyway. Then when he did it he started having the dimming lights. Was explained as the big 3 allowed the amps to pull more current from the alternator sucking more juice away from the other electronics. I guess I will hold off on the battery for now and just see how it goes. Then if I need one, check into odyssey and see if they have a better option to fit the stock location. Thanks for the reply, you just saved me 3 to 4 hundred bucks. Ha.

Didn't make any changes from the Alternator. Shop ran heavy gauge power wire to the rear of the cab and split it from there. They did put a breaker between the battery and the power distribution block.

OP
OP
B

Bigtymes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Didn't make any changes from the Alternator. Shop ran heavy gauge power wire to the rear of the cab and split it from there. They did put a breaker between the battery and the power distribution block.
I have purchased enough 1/0 gauge to run to the rear, then split it off (distribution block) but continue 1/0 gauge with reducers into all amps. Then to ground.

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I didn't do the big three personally, just ran 0 gauge from factory battery to a secondary battery XS MX950. Going on 2 1/2 years with no issues, or dimming lights.

Attachments

• IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
B

Bigtymes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't do the big three personally, just ran 0 gauge from factory battery to a secondary battery XS MX950. Going on 2 1/2 years with no issues, or dimming lights.
Where is that hidden at? And did you use a battery isolator?

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hidden under the rear driver seat. It's fused from front battery to secondary battery and then fused between the secondary to the distribution block.

OP
OP
B

Bigtymes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hidden under the rear driver seat. It's fused from front battery to secondary battery and then fused between the secondary to the distribution block.
Got ya. The box I have is going to take up that space. How may watts are you running tho?

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mosconi AS 200.4, Mosconi AS 100.2 & JL Audio 750/1 = 1750 watts