Need help with the following. Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonathan colon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good morning/afternoon to anyone reading this.

I need help with the following. I recently added Texas speed long tube headers and AWE full exhaust in. The long tube headers were rubbing against the aluminum transmission heater lines ( the lines that carry coolant to the heat exchanger ) and cause a leak. Now I got to replace the aluminum hose.

1. How hard is it going to be to remove? By the looks of it. It goes over the transmission and to the heater. Pretty tight.
2. What’s the part number ? I’ve check all over online and I can’t seem to find it.

I feel like it’s going to be a mission to install.

Attached you will see some pictures. I’ll try to attach betting pictures tomorrow morning. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1624.jpeg
    IMG_1624.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1623.jpeg
    IMG_1623.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1630.jpeg
    IMG_1630.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1633.jpeg
    IMG_1633.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 13

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Good morning/afternoon to anyone reading this.

I need help with the following. I recently added Texas speed long tube headers and AWE full exhaust in. The long tube headers were rubbing against the aluminum transmission heater lines ( the lines that carry coolant to the heat exchanger ) and cause a leak. Now I got to replace the aluminum hose.

1. How hard is it going to be to remove? By the looks of it. It goes over the transmission and to the heater. Pretty tight.
2. What’s the part number ? I’ve check all over online and I can’t seem to find it.

I feel like it’s going to be a mission to install.

Attached you will see some pictures. I’ll try to attach betting pictures tomorrow morning. Thanks
Good luck with replacing those lines with out unbolting and dropping the transmission a few inches. Both CrazyKid and i ended up cutting them to remove them,and neither of us attempted to reinstall new ones,lol

OP
OP
J

Jonathan colon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dang so you deleted it ? Or did you cut the aluminum pipes and just added a rubber hose and clamps

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Dang so you deleted it ? Or did you cut the aluminum pipes and just added a rubber hose and clamps
Got rid of them when i deleted the thermal management unit off the side of the transmission. Somewhere about here you can see how CrazyKid and i deleted the transmissions thermostat and cooler,if you go that way,you'll want to plumb in a seperate high flow transmission thermostat.

Edit just noticed you're in Miami,you could get away with just deleting the thermal management unit off the side of the transmission,and leave the factory transmission thermostat in place.The HD trucks and cars don't use the thermal management unit to pre-heat the transmission fluid,only the 1500's use the pre-heater aka thermal management unit.
But you'll have to plug the holes it leaves behind if you do delete it,but they're easy to plug.
You could probably get away with leaving it in place but with no coolant fed to it,but i've never tried that,but on paper it looks to be do-able.
I replaced the heater hoses on my truck with the factory molded hoses for a 6 speed truck,and totally bypassed the 3 way valve when it was all said and done

Last edited: