Need More Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDreams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I am trying to get a SC 3865 ordered.... since it is tailored to the Ram Hemi. My local shop is showing the new SC 138650 VIVID Linq.... but doesn't seem to know about if they can get the plain SC 3865, I'm guessing they are referencing the SC website and then cross-referencing their distributors warehouse.

Has anyone used the Vivid Linq over the standard SC handheld? I was happy with getting the standard handheld SC 3865.... since it seemed like it had the features I would need once I got to the point of learning how to use it.

My main goal is to turn that dang MDS crap off, as it's been mentioned, it is very much more evident with an aftermarket exhaust system.... the "copter" noise is driving me crazy.... so in town I run with the tow/haul on. I want the different level tunes with the option to use "basic" SC trans tunes.... because I am not 100% sure about messing with numbers to "fine tune" it using the true custom trans tunes.

Should I just go with the older model of the SC like the 3840?

Appreciate the advice.

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So I am trying to get a SC 3865 ordered.... since it is tailored to the Ram Hemi. My local shop is showing the new SC 138650 VIVID Linq.... but doesn't seem to know about if they can get the plain SC 3865, I'm guessing they are referencing the SC website and then cross-referencing their distributors warehouse.

Has anyone used the Vivid Linq over the standard SC handheld? I was happy with getting the standard handheld SC 3865.... since it seemed like it had the features I would need once I got to the point of learning how to use it.

My main goal is to turn that dang MDS crap off, as it's been mentioned, it is very much more evident with an aftermarket exhaust system.... the "copter" noise is driving me crazy.... so in town I run with the tow/haul on. I want the different level tunes with the option to use "basic" SC trans tunes.... because I am not 100% sure about messing with numbers to "fine tune" it using the true custom trans tunes.

Should I just go with the older model of the SC like the 3640?

Appreciate the advice.

I purchased the SC Cortex 3950 and I am very happy with it. I turned off my MDS a few days ago, but I reactivated it today because my fuel mileage dropped by 5 MPG's.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yup it definatly depends on your driving style. If you do alot of highway you will definalty use more fuel. If you were just beating it around town before and still do you probably wont see any mpg difference with or without mds