Needing help/thoughts/opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blk4g

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
9C1461C0-182F-4C32-B9B8-8FBFC5712723.jpeg i hope this is the right place to post this. im new here so if its not im sorry. im just in a bind and need help. im wondering if this has happened to anybody else. i have a 2014 1500 5.7 slt with around 75k on it. went out to start my truck and it wouldnt start. i thought okay maybe the battery is dead so i got cables and tried to jump it. nothing. it wont even spark. then i notice my passenger side reverse light is on, and has been for awhile apparently bc its pretty warm to the touch. i took my battery out to get it tested and as i was doing so my radio came on! my key fob was not in the ignition it was in my pocket. i am absolutely lost so i am wondering why would this be happening? my battery tested as good and i checked all of my fuses in the panel and they all checked out. im starting to think it has something to do with the TIPM. has this happened to you or someone you know? any thoughts/opinions are appreciated. thank you.

phantomfixer

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's a video on YouTube that shows that the TIPM can very easily be exposed to moisture since it is pretty much exposed to the bottom of the truck.By the looks of it that may be a good place to check on your vehicle

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Once you put the battery back in did it start up? If not, it’s either the battery, a starter cable, or the starter most likely. Unless by an odd chance it’s your ignition switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barry Phillips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Holy ****.... Haven’t seen that before! Love the truck though! What size lift and tires you have?