New 2014 Laramie v6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outwism

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.7
First time post!
questions regarding purchase, just crossed 1k miles in 2 weeks!

On Bluetooth, I seem to be yelling so others can hear me, anyway to adjust bluetooth sound?

Can you add pictures via SD card or USB to your 8.4 screen?

Is there a way on approach (all doors unlock) can I disable the truck bed to not unlock/lock each time? I just want it to stay locked the whole time unless I specifically unlock it.

I want to add truck liner/truck bed? Any recommendations?

I'm averaging 19-20 mixed mpg on my 26 gallon tank. Any recommendations to improve my gas mileage here?

Thanks, look forward to hearing responses!

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
First time post!

On Bluetooth, I seem to be yelling so others can hear me, anyway to adjust bluetooth sound?

Is there a way on approach (all doors unlock) can I disable the truck bed to not unlock/lock each time? I just want it to stay locked the whole time unless I specifically unlock it.

I'm averaging 19-20 mixed mpg on my 26 gallon tank. Any recommendations to improve my gas mileage here?

truck liner - I'd go with Line-X, do some online research on it and you'll see why

mileage - it will get better as you break it in, give it some time

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
bluetooth- i wonder if there is some setting on your phone. most people say that when im in my truck they cant even tell a difference from when im not

pics- none yet

unlock- no the tailgate is off the signal that goes to the all doors.

it took a little but my milage got better on my v6 im get about 20-23 now.

stew930

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When Bluetooth is enabled on my Android phone I can press the volume up to raise the Bluetooth volume.

I have the Hemi and the last time I looked I am at 15.5-16 mixed. 19-20 mixed for the V6 doesn't sound bad to me. Hand calculating is always better to get an accurate number.

2015er

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar and proud
First time post!

Regarding improved mileage I have two suggestions:

1.) Consider a hard toneau cover for the bed. I have read that a cover can improve aerodynamics and therefore MPG's;
2.) Consider a replacement air intake filter, specifically and AirRaid, model number 300-283 and found at Airaid - Product Search

I hope these suggestions help.

Can you answer a question for me? I am also considering a Laramie quad cab with the Pentastar for a 2015 truck order. How do you like yours? Is the power sufficient? How about acceleration? I have read that the 8 speed transmission and Pentastar combination is absolutely great driving wise - any further thoughts or insights you have would be most appreciated. Thanks.

OP
OP
O

outwism

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.7
Sorry, I'm slacking with no pictures, but its more than what I expected! I am coming out of a Lexus GS 350, so my expectations are pretty high.

My last tank I averaged 21mpg, however on a 26 gallon tank that should net 520miles but it doesn't look like my tank is actually going to last. I'd have to do the math once I find out how much gas I put in the tank.

My buddy who has a F150 drove it last night and he kept raving about the smoothness in the transmission. He was extremely surprised in the ride and features.

Right now, I'm leaning on doing a Peragon tonneau cover and a rhino liner. I'm open to suggestions on covers as well.

I actually think the power is surprising, I haven't towed anything but as for highway and city driving, its sufficient and powerful enough to accelerate onto highways here in Dallas.

Bluetooth volume is turned up on my phone completely, it may just be outside noise.

Matty Moo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Regarding improved mileage I have two suggestions:

1.) Consider a hard toneau cover for the bed. I have read that a cover can improve aerodynamics and therefore MPG's;
2.) Consider a replacement air intake filter, specifically and AirRaid, model number 300-283 and found at Airaid - Product Search

I hope these suggestions help.

Can you answer a question for me? I am also considering a Laramie quad cab with the Pentastar for a 2015 truck order. How do you like yours? Is the power sufficient? How about acceleration? I have read that the 8 speed transmission and Pentastar combination is absolutely great driving wise - any further thoughts or insights you have would be most appreciated. Thanks.

I have a big horn crew cab with the pentastar. I love it

Power is plentiful, don't get fooled into thinking this is anything like the old 3.7 or 3.9. I pulled a 29' camper last month and was surprised at how well it towed. It does incredibly well, it isn't slow.

If you drove one you wouldn't think it was a v6.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk 2

2015er

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar and proud
Thanks to Matty Moo and richardquay for their input on the 3.6 L V6.

I am considering a 2015 Laramie 4x4 quad cab and was initially thinking that I would get the eco-diesel as I drive about 15-20k per year mixed highway and around town driving so the fuel bill is a concern. But when I started reading about the 3.6 V6 my thoughts began to change. The initial upfront cost is so much less and the month-to-month fuel difference is so nominal I beginning to think the V6 makes a lot more sense. Plus the capability if equipped with 3.55 gears is really pretty impressive I mean I have read accounts of 0-60 times of 7.5 seconds plus payload rating over 1,700 ibs and towing (which I do very little of) of over 6,000 lbs. Price wise the effect is also advantageous - I can get a loaded and I mean loaded - airlift option included - Laramie as the savings with the 3.6L engine are that good.

Thanks again for the insights from owners of the V6 it has really helped me in my decision making process.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First time post!

Bluetooth- no idea.
Pics- have to burn them onto a disc AFAIK
Locks- doubt the tailgate can be separate. It locks, so I wouldn't worry.
Liner- Line-X or Rhino. I have cheap (dealer-sourced) liner and have already had 2 repairs. Lifetime warranty may be free, but is still a PITA to drop it and and pick it up over and over. Pay for a reputable name.
Mileage- That's about what I would expect real-world from a 6,000lb vehicle.

richardquay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar v6
I read this on here someplace and works good with the v6 too, putting the truck into tow/haul mode will act like a sport mode. when I need to pass a car fast, that will keep it into gear until almost 6k RPMs (I believe).

OP
OP
O

outwism

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.7
so not even 3k miles and my instrument gauge goes haywire. it looks like a demon has possesed it with the white flashing poltergeist screen occasionally, then when it comes back up the MPG will read 0 to 1439999999. The range does the same as well. I was loving the truck til this happened. It's a small thing and doesn't affect the mechanics but who wants electrical issues this early? Any recalls anyone know of?