New 2018 Ram Alignment Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captain Dunbar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM 2500 Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I've learned alot from these forums as i'm new to Rams, thank you!. That being said, I can't find much info. on Camber and figured i'd start a thread for people who may be experiencing the same issues i'm having. My truck is a 2018 Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4x4. I bought the truck with 200 miles on it and it's been to the dealer 4 times now for front end work. 1st was a worn pitman arm tied rod end ( only drove the truck home from the dealer to figure this out). Wondered all over the highway. It took 3 other trips for them to finally get the part installed, aligned, recall on drag link done and send it home saying everything was fine. Long story short.. i couldn't stand the way it handled and the fact they welded a part that may need to be adjusted in the future so my work began. Installed Thuren Track Bar, Synergy Drag Link, Bilstein Dual Steering Stabilizer, Thuren 2" leveling Kit and Thuren Rear Coils. Truck was getting better so i took it to a reputable alignment shop for it's final alignment. Here's where i found i should have taken it in the 1st place, instead of the dealer! Truck came right back off the alignment rack and he explained the Camber is so far out that the truck needs to go back to the dealer and he's not sure what they will do. Hoping Adjustable Ball Joints are not an option on my brand new Ram! Only other option is a new axle? I'm not feeling good about the phone call that will be coming next week from the dealer. Any thoughts from someone who is familiar with this issue? I'll try to attach a copy of the alignment spec sheets. In the mean time ere are the numbers:

Before Adjustments
Camber 3.06 ( 1.94 and -1.11 )
Caster -0.02 (4.31 and 4.33 )
Toe 0.09 and 1.33

After Adjustments
Camber 2.96 (1.95 and -1.02 )
Caster -0.30 ( 4.30 and 4.59 )
Toe 0.16 ( 0.08 and 0.08 )

Ram Camber 1.jpeg

Ram Camber 2.jpeg

Ram Camber 3.jpeg

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Go to the Thuren Web site and look at his Alignment Spec's. Toe should be set at 0. Caster 3.2-4.8 Is the First sheet the Final set?

OP
OP
Captain Dunbar

Captain Dunbar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Ok, Thank you. I'll check Thurens. The 1st sheet is the final set. Said that was the best he could do and to take it to the dealer.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I’ve all but gave up on alignment in my truck. Seems nobody can do it right. Even when given the specs I’ve been told so many stories. I’ve got it close now but still not exactly what thuren a site lists. I’m off-road pretty much only with it. So I have resorted to frequent tire rotations. FYI thuren customer service is top notch. Just had my front track bar frame side joint moving around. They’re sending me new bushing and was all responded to wishing an hour of initial email.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I would keep looking around and talk with someone who will set as you ask them to.

kylant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
camber is not adjustable on these trucks. sounds like your alignment shop doesn't know what they are doing

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
its possible the axle was welded crooked and thats why the camber is funky. all the added aftermarket crap isnt needed for it to drive good. i would like to have seen the drag link end that was supposed worn at 200mi. unless it was never tightened from the get go

OP
OP
Captain Dunbar

Captain Dunbar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
That was the issue, the alignment shop said it’s not adjustable and that it needed to go back to the dealer. I’m nervous about the phone call that I will get tomorrow. I sure hope they don’t try to tell me this is normal. Or that it can be fixed with some sort of a offset ball joint. I never did see the drag link tie rod end that came off but did have two technicians verify that it was worn out.

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I bet the dealer says to return it to stock.

OP
OP
Captain Dunbar

Captain Dunbar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I have all the stock parts but sure hope not though. I live 1 hour away from the dealer and the time invested to return to stock. Is there any chance that the parts put on could effect the camber?

OP
OP
Captain Dunbar

Captain Dunbar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Well dealer just called and said it’s not covered due to the leveling kit and is wanting to charge me for the loaner truck now. I’m furious. This problem existed well before the leveling kit. I put the aftermarket parts on (new track bar and drag link and 2” coils) because they said everything was fine at the 1st dealership I went to. I wish I had the printout from the 1st alignment. Told them I would return the truck to stock and bring it back. Waiting for another call back.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
That’s a ****** dealer. This is rams one HUGGGEEEEE weakness. Their service depts. and yeah all makes have bad service depts. it’s frustrating

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well dealer just called and said it’s not covered due to the leveling kit and is wanting to charge me for the loaner truck now. I’m furious. This problem existed well before the leveling kit. I put the aftermarket parts on (new track bar and drag link and 2” coils) because they said everything was fine at the 1st dealership I went to. I wish I had the printout from the 1st alignment. Told them I would return the truck to stock and bring it back. Waiting for another call back.
I’m not sure how you expected the dealer to determine if it’s an issue on their end with all the aftermarket parts still on it?

OP
OP
Captain Dunbar

Captain Dunbar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I don’t expect the dealer to troubleshoot anything other than the axle being bent or defective. It’s only the camber that I would like to address. I dont believe it has anything to do with the leveling kit. Problem is we can’t adjust camber which leads to the big problem of “what are we going to do to fix the issue that’s been there since day 1”

Booner21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
It think there are enough trucks out there with the same aftermarket pieces as you it may be worth returning it to stock and getting it covered. Problem i guess since they know you had all the items installed they can still claim the aftermarket stuff caused it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the camber is that far off, then it is a bent axle or one that was not welded together correctly. And unfortunately there is no way to adjust that, other than offset/adjustable ball joints.

The aftermarket goodies have nothing to do with the camber being off. But regardless, sounds like the scumbags will use it against you. Even if you remove them, they will still probably point the blame anywhere else but at Ram.

Best of luck! What a ****** deal.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
. when you install after market parts, any and all warranty may be denied. thats the chance you take. when you roll the dice sometimes you win and sometimes you dont. i never understood the level kits. usually its a $10 chunk of metal over the spring that makes the truck sqaut like a pooping dog when you haul anything

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
. when you install after market parts, any and all warranty may be denied. thats the chance you take. when you roll the dice sometimes you win and sometimes you dont. i never understood the level kits. usually its a $10 chunk of metal over the spring that makes the truck sqaut like a pooping dog when you haul anything
But mopar makes lift kits and level kits. Hell even bigger tires on new trucks. They just like to screw with us lol.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i wasnt aware mopar has lifts but ill take your word and assume they do. maybe they engineered it or are familiar with the company that engineered it. does it have to be dealer installed to keep warranty intact ? i think any auto manufacturers complaint about after market parts is they have no control over proper engineering or install. frankly i cant blame them. when you start messing with front end geometry things can get effed up. ive been on forums enough to know that when people install lifts or levels, its not uncommon to get bumpsteer, death wobble and a host of other problems. it changes pinion and driveline angles, drag link and track bar angles. theres a long list of side effects. why should fca or a dealer be responsible for things that could go wrong ?

Last edited:

Killerb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500
That’s a ****** dealer. This is rams one HUGGGEEEEE weakness. Their service depts. and yeah all makes have bad service depts. it’s frustrating

Soo tru..

Have done my fair share of alignments and the level kit will only effect caster, track bar and toe will not change camber on a solid axle. Perhaps the alignment heads were not sitting right on the rims? Can't believe the axle is bent from factory..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwavvns