New Bullydog update help anything??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trikeffex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
So to all of you that did the new update on the bullydog,Have you noticed any changes performance wise?
Charles

Ona4day

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Figured I share my pm to Charles:

It's been decent (worth while) with the a015 update, it was a nightmare at first as I was one of the first to jump on it. Just received the very newest update, a016, this afternoon but won't have it installed till tomorrow. I'll let you know. The engine does feel a little stronger, the tranny firmer, and a few of the special features are nice and work now(DRLs and fog w/ high beam). I'll install and have a terrain varied 100 mile drive to do so I should have an idea of improvements by the afternoon.

OP
OP
trikeffex

trikeffex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
Figured I share my pm to Charles:

It's been decent (worth while) with the a015 update, it was a nightmare at first as I was one of the first to jump on it. Just received the very newest update, a016, this afternoon but won't have it installed till tomorrow. I'll let you know. The engine does feel a little stronger, the tranny firmer, and a few of the special features are nice and work now(DRLs and fog w/ high beam). I'll install and have a terrain varied 100 mile drive to do so I should have an idea of improvements by the afternoon.
Thanks for the feedback bro!!Can;t wait to hear back from you on the new update!!
Charles

Ona4day

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well A016 seems pretty much like 15. Overall the tuner is worth the money at this point, IMO. No wow factor as the Tq management is still there. I've also had the tuner through every update so is not the same as slamming a good tune in right off the bat. I did turn off the MDS so the truck sounds healthier now. Still half of the gauge features don't read right and the annoying beep from the fuel management tips is still there at stops so I haven't bothered to leave it installed.

OP
OP
trikeffex

trikeffex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
Did you notice anything different from the newest update?Also what are your shift points with the bullydog..Was wondering if you could get it up in the 5900 range..
Thanks for the feedback bro!
Charles

Ona4day

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bumped all my rpm points up 100, not sure what's safe or if I really want to trust the "performance test" that the tuner will do. I know that a true dyno would help me get them right but probably not going to go that far.