New lift kit for 4x2 sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
You just get worse. Stop smoking ****.

I don't do ****.... Clearly I was joking, I did wheel in a 2WD for years and never had issues, but I know what you're talking about with lifting a 2WD. I see it as pointless as well in my mind, but to everyone their own.

OP
OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You can start a thread on why or why not and argue there. Haven't gotten stuck with it yet. I just how to drive. No reason is good enough for you when you have a stick in your rear end anyways.

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So you just got it lifted, you have no mud, but you've never been stuck in mud in it because you know how to drive? Keep your stories straight man.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
You can start a thread on why or why not and argue there. Haven't gotten stuck with it yet. I just how to drive. No reason is good enough for you when you have a stick in your rear end anyways.

Either way, I love the way your truck looks. "I" personally would have put AT's instead of MT's on to save on cost, but if you keep a religious rotation schedule you can get good mileage out of them.

Reactions: Dex
OP
OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
And you said you were leaving. But you're still here...trying to argue instead of just leaving it alone. Have a nice day bro hope it gets better.

satxwy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Nice looking truck and lift! 35s almost look too small for it, but still look great. The 2wd/4wd nonsense, if it does all you need it to, that's all that matters.

An aside, I went and looked the lift up. It's on their website now, and definitely a lot pricier than a 7" Maxtrac.

OP
OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Interesting. I saw it online, i wonder how low you can get the price lol. On GMFS they give a pretty big discount, you can get the 7" kit for like 900 shipped.

I dont see how its a better option than maxtrac, other than it appears that they are only using a front lift spindle? I dont see new coils or spacers (I dont think?) in the photo of the kit. But Im also thinking the photo on the website might be the 4wd kit.

Do you have any up close pics of the suspension?
Here is suspension

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 84
OP
OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have no idea why it is upside down

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We hate lifted 2wd trucks here in AZ because they go out and think they are 4wd and rut out all the hill trails spinning their 1 wheel drive.
I just cant imagine answering, "is that a 4wd?" question all the time.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looking forward to seeing some pics of it offroading.

65dd9b8b4ba4084b419ac948a7bac906.jpg

;) again, It looks good and 35s are plenty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
dont listen to this schmuck, he rides up to the local mud hole with his bilsteins installed with the spring perch upside down and tells people that 3.21 gears are just fine for 35s. And has 17s.

OP... thanks for the pic! it looks pretty good. Enjoy the truck! and looking better/taller than most the 4wds in this thread.

1993rjkw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
A lift on a 2X4?? Come on! What's the point? I'd wait a bit longer and get a 4x4. Where I live a 2wd truck useless.
Looks good though!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What?? A 4x4?? What's the point? Why even do that? Why even go off-road with it? (Goes on with more douchbag questions)

This is what a lot of you sound like. Just answer these questions for this guy with the truck pictured and you'll have all my answers. Because I wanted to, because I can, and this is effin America that's why. Thanks for the positive feedback to those that gave it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 42

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Don't be so sensitive. That's the problem with America anymore. Have fun, say whatever the hell you wanna say. **** that thing Jenner, and **** cecil the lion too. Truck looks good.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I think since you've got it up off the ground (Dex), why stop there? It's time to go Ramrunner style, get the fenders and then jump into the "light bar pool".

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
dont listen to this schmuck, he rides up to the local mud hole with his bilsteins installed with the spring perch upside down and tells people that 3.21 gears are just fine for 35s. And has 17s.

OP... thanks for the pic! it looks pretty good. Enjoy the truck! and looking better/taller than most the 4wds in this thread.

I could lower my truck and go more places. If you honestly think that a 2x4 is just as good as any other truck... You seriously are on some good stuff.. But Its all about where you grow up. I'm guessing you're from some sort of city or suburb area, where everyone drives cars, and you just wanted to stand out with a big lifted truck. Had you ever actually been in a rutted out mud/clay trail, or even soft sand, you wouldn't say dumb **** like that. Even most 4x4s get stuck! And considering you said yourself that I get better gas mileage than you with my 35's..the 3:21 must not be too bad. Just because you don't own guns and plan to vote for Hillary, I'm not mad, it's just how/where you're raised.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
cool story bro...

IMG_2324-1.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg

just one of the many trucks ive had... and built... and wheeled...

FYI... i have a stock 2wd truck right now because im in DC. That doesnt mean I'm some 19 year old ass hound who posts useless **** on the internet.

CC12RamLove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just my .02, 2wd 4wd all depends on what you want/can afford. As a typical "city boy" i too have a 2wd. It has been my experience that there seems to be a large number of people that play in the mud way more then hard pack or sand like in the Baja 1000. But all in all there is a great group on the site. Yes 4wd is a must for some but not all situations. For those with a ranger side by side most of the time you run in 1wd. Maybe once in a while you will hit 2wd and yes if you want to crawl up a crazy hill or get in a sticky situation you may hit that 4wd switch. Hell even the million dollar trophy style trucks run a 1000 bhp engine with 2wd. Now that is blasting through not crawling over. But to do that right needs a good travel to your suspension that maybe just isnt in the budget. If i hit that power ball, you better believe you will see the sickes 2wd ever. if i ever have the funds to do so i will be building my wife her dream car a jeep cj7 so yeah 4wd is the way to go there. Slow creep up the hills. So no im not anti 4wd. Just a realist.

Now me being a blue blooded American that agrees that most people have become way to sensitive. Please, bash all you want and say what you want. Just please keep in mind...

To say "Oooohhhhh i have a 4wd and its way better 2wd is just stupid" is kinda sad when the most you use it for is the same snow my sister driver her *** ass prius in living in west Virginia. thats no argument for 4wd.

Yep think that about covers it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What do you think about guys putting drag radials and a spoiler on a stock honda civic?