New member looking for power wagon pricing help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

GTSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Just called and they gave a list of dealers in Pennsylvania that have higher rebates will be calling them today and check their websites to see if they have any on the lot

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Cool, Hopefully they have what you want.

OP
OP
G

GTSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I feel like I got a fair deal after searching the internet and looking at what others were selling for. My MSRP was 64,550 including destination charge. That was fully loaded model and I ended up paying 53,250. There were a lot of other pw listed on internet for a lot more and didn't have all the options I got in mine. So I guess It depends on which options you are getting to determine a fair price

I just called them as they have 3 power wagons for sale the best that they gave me with me registering the car in Fairfax was $59k. So did you get it for 53,250 without tax, registration and other fees ?

OP
OP
G

GTSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Yes 53 plus tax tags and fees

So 1000 extra from what he quoted me at 54 without tax and fees which adds to 59. Reason behind the extra 1000 was that I wont be looking for financing, I'll be wire transferring the full amount.

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I just checked car gurus and there are several listed in there from 47k to 57k

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Damn!!! Well feel free to wire some money to pay mine off also. Lol

Frank Valensisi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just researched on car gurus. Ended up buying from Dulles motorcars in leesburg, they had 8 in stock fully loaded when I bought mine in Jan. I would say u get a better deal taking one on the lot than ordering one
I just put a deposit on one today from Dulles...I'm coming from NY how was dealing with them...so far so good

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
6 of my last 7 new truck purchases were factory order. In each the order price was better than what dealers would offer on a inventory purchase. Demand and availability will impact both prices. On average my factory order price has been 15-22% below MRSP. My 2018 Ram 2500 SLT 2 WD 6.4 Hemi with the options I wanted came in at 35K before T&L or 18% below MRSP. I have also found that the sites like Car guru are helpful to nailing down fair value in your market.

OP
OP
G

GTSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
6 of my last 7 new truck purchases were factory order. In each the order price was better than what dealers would offer on a inventory purchase. Demand and availability will impact both prices. On average my factory order price has been 15-22% below MRSP. My 2018 Ram 2500 SLT 2 WD 6.4 Hemi with the options I wanted came in at 35K before T&L or 18% below MRSP. I have also found that the sites like Car guru are helpful to nailing down fair value in your market.

Excuse my ignorance in the matter of ordering a new car as I'm not from the USA and not 100% familiar with the process. So what I understood that by ordering a new car upon the build time I'll now how much it would cost me which will be less than MSRP and again also different from every dealer correct ? Then after agreeing on that I'll pay a deposit and what for the car to be build.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Understood. The advantage to building and factory ordering are, you get exactly "what you want" not what the dealer wants you to buy. The dealer pays no flooring on a factory order. That gives you price leverage. Typically no salesman and less time to handle. You get an agreed price from the dealer at the time you place your order. No one that I know pays retail, MRSP. But, some people are very good at shopping, waiting until the time is right, making confessions on the options they want and getting the price they want to pay on a dealer inventory vehicle. Hope this is helpful.

OP
OP
G

GTSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Understood. The advantage to building and factory ordering are, you get exactly "what you want" not what the dealer wants you to buy. The dealer pays no flooring on a factory order. That gives you price leverage. Typically no salesman and less time to handle. You get an agreed price from the dealer at the time you place your order. No one that I know pays retail, MRSP. But, some people are very good at shopping, waiting until the time is right, making confessions on the options they want and getting the price they want to pay on a dealer inventory vehicle. Hope this is helpful.

That was helpful thanks I appreciate it. Yes I was compromising with options/colors with cars that are on the lot but I thought I'll get it cheaper than ordering new due to the car has been there for a while etc. What would be a good dealer to order from or will I get the same pricing when ordering new ? As I'm not in the country I can order from any dealer just have to pay above that tax and registration before shipping it over.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Well I would be happy to give you my dealer in Madera Ca. (Hope this is not a forum rule violation) Gill Auto Group ask for Jim Hamby he is the fleet and internet sales manager 559 674-5661. You can use the Ram build and price site to determine what model and options you want and it will tell you what the MRSP is. Good luck

OP
OP
G

GTSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Well I would be happy to give you my dealer in Madera Ca. (Hope this is not a forum rule violation) Gill Auto Group ask for Jim Hamby he is the fleet and internet sales manager 559 674-5661. You can use the Ram build and price site to determine what model and options you want and it will tell you what the MRSP is. Good luck

Thanks I appreciate I'll build my own on the Ram website and give Jim a call Monday morning.